• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Compostela ?

Caligal

Time of past OR future Camino
CF April 4- May 12, 2018
CF Sept 10-27 2019
CP Sept 28- Oct12 2019
C Finisterre Oct 16-Oct 20
There are several Forum members who seem to know alot about all things Camino so can someone tell me: i am walking the CP from Porto, staying 2 days in SdC then doing the Finisterre, Muxia circuit back to SdC. What Compostela(s) would I qualify for? I know the CP but what about the F- M circuit? Thanks Dee

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Caligal,
You can get one for the Camino from Santiago to Finisterra and then in Muxia the next one for the walk from Finisterre to Muxia. They are colourful.

In addition to the compostela for Porto to Santiago, and the certificate issued in Muxia and the one in Finisterre, you would also qualify for a second compostela if you walked either Muxia-Finisterre-Santiago or Finisterre-Muxia-Santiago, because those distances exceed 100 km and the Cathedral has given its ok.

I know that in the past, getting the Muxia certificate required you to get a stamp in Lires (midway between Finisterre and Muxia), which I guess was an attempt to prevent "cheating." I remember the last time I walked through Lires, several people hopped out of a cab, went into the bar to get a stamp, and continued in the cab on their merry way. So I guess that just like all other rules, there are ways to cheat.

Here is some info that elaborates on the Fisterrana and the Muxiana https://viajecaminodesantiago.com/en/muxiana-and-fisterrana-●-how-to-obtain-them/

So that means that people walking the entire "circuit" can really load up on their suitable-for-framing documents! Buen camino, Laurie

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Muxia-Finisterre-Santiago or Finisterre-Muxia-Santiago, because those distances exceed 100 km and the Cathedral has given its ok.

Have anyone this? My wife and I are thinking of doing this instead of the Camino Portuguese from Valenca to SDC.

Thanks

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Have anyone this? My wife and I are thinking of doing this instead of the Camino Portuguese from Valenca to SDC.

Thanks
Que? Many have done it. Many have posted their joys and tribulations. A little research on the forum would lead you to comfort.

Fisterra-Muxia-Santiago, or, Muxia- Fisterra- Santiago entitle the pilgrim who has undertaken their >100Km pilgrimage with religious or spiritual intent (I paraphrase) to a Compostella.

Just decide if you are making pilgrimage to Santiago - your route, so long as it exceeds 100Km will qualify

A Compostela is only issued to those arriving in Santiago. The certificates given in Muxía and Fisterra are called a Muxiana and Fisterrana, respectively.

Here's a little info about all of them

Last edited:

Thanks
Last year a Pilgrim visited the huiskamer above the Pilgrimsoffice and she walked Santiago- Finisterre - Muxia - Santiago.
She walked it as a circle.
The part Muxia- Santiago was very quite.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
On my first Camino I continued and walked to Finisterre and received the Fisteranna. I do not remember if they asked to see my Compostela. I don't think so but my passport had the stamp on it of course. I was told by a Spanish friend of mine that if I continued to walk to Muxia I could receive a Muxiana also. Is this true that if you start in Santiago and go to Finisterre and then continue to Muxia you can receive both?

On my first Camino I continued and walked to Finisterre and received the Fisteranna. I do not remember if they asked to see my Compostela. I don't think so but my passport had the stamp on it of course. I was told by a Spanish friend of mine that if I continued to walk to Muxia I could receive a Muxiana also. Is this true that if you start in Santiago and go to Finisterre and then continue to Muxia you can receive both?
I believe that you can get a Muxiana just by walking from Finisterre to Muxia, but you must get a stamp in Lires.

If you’re going Padrón you can also get the Pedronia certificate. Look up the pilgrims certificate from Padrón thread.
This is new to me & I can't find anything about this Pedronia certificate. I would greatly appreciate it if you could direct me to the correct thread/webpage. Sometimes I just don't see the dots to connect them. Sorry & thank you in advance for your time and assistance. 😀 I think I found it! http://terrasdeiria.com/en/tourism-info/donde-nace-el-camino/

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The Finisterre certificate and the Muxia certificate are creations of the Tourist office. The Finisterre one is issued at the Municipal Albergue, the Muxia one is issued by any of the albergues.

You need the Lires stamp in either direction. The beach at the mouth of the river, 20 minutes from Lires is stunningly beautiful, so if the weather is nice, it's a pleasant spot to hang out.

I have been to the beautiful beach in Lires twice. The restaurant/bar above it has the great views and is a nice place to enjoy a drink or a light meal.
We went exploring and noticed the Camino dos Faros passes by south of the beach.

Que? Many have done it. Many have posted their joys and tribulations. A little research on the forum would lead you to comfort.

@Tincatinker mistaken question :) my apologise .. what I intend to mean is how's the Muxia- Fisterra- Santiago route in terms fo difficuty?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back