A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Concern with RENFE ticket?

2020 Camino Guides

shubertj

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2012, 2013, 2018 Portuguese 2014 Ingles 2017 Fin/Mux 17, 19 Invierno 2018
Primitivo 2019
I just purchased a Renfe ticket to travel from Madrid to Sarria and was surprised that my name doesn't show on it. I have a tight connection and am meeting my wife there who is finishing her Camino Frances there and we will take a train to El Ferrol. We will then hike the Camino Ingles and onto Finisterre and Muxia. Is this unusual not to have your name on the ticket as I remember not only your name but what identification you will use. anyone have and idea on this?

Last edited:

dduroy

Camino(s) past & future
April "2013" and April 2016
Purchased mine last night with the same result. I thought it strange also, but I assumed it was normal since the tickets are under my Renfe account.

evanlow

Camino(s) past & future
Frances06
Primitivo07
Plata08
Norte12
Levante(14-15)
Vasco16
Mozarabe(16-17)
Madrid17
Portuguese18
Yes. Never seen my name in any train or bus tickets in Spain.

alipilgrim

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2005, 2007; Madrid/Frances 2011; 1/2 VdP 2012; Portugese Litoral2019; Finisterre/Muxia2019;
Have you already printed your ticket? If so, what would you need identification for? There's no security screening for trains...

jefferyonthecamino

http://www.barrerabooks.com/ - Guidebooks
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (1994)
Camino Francés (2013 - 2019)
Camino Portugués (2015 - 2019)
Camino de Madrid
I just purchased a Renfe ticket to travel from Madrid to Sarria and was surprised that my name doesn't show on it. I have a tight connection and am meeting my wife there who is finishing her Camino Frances there and we will take a train to El Ferrol. We will then hike the Camino Ingles and onto Finisterre and Muxia. Is this unusual not to have your name on the ticket as I remember not only your name but what identification you will use. anyone have and idea on this?
renfe tickets do not have names.

also,if you are on any of the high speed trains, security will probably not allow any type of knife on board.

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
LePuy, Frances, Aragones, Ingles, Vezelay, Toulosana, Muxia, Fisterra, Portugues, Sanabres
I have a tight connection
There is no refund or credit if you miss the scheduled train unless you have purchased a ticket that does offer that feature. My backpack was x-rayed for the high speed train, but it was cursory, and they did not seem to be worried about my knife.

shubertj

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2012, 2013, 2018 Portuguese 2014 Ingles 2017 Fin/Mux 17, 19 Invierno 2018
Primitivo 2019
Everyone thanks for the input its been more then a year since traveling in Spain. Just got worried when I saw the Pasajero space was empty.

Beth_J

Camino(s) past & future
Frances or Invierno (April 2016)
Mine booked a few weeks ago also didn't show my name. I also was charged twice - so double check your statements just in case! After initially telling me they didn't charge me twice - I sent a screenshot and was refunded without issue.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 172 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 278 24.4%