• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Concern with RENFE ticket?

shubertj

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2012, 2013, 2018 Portuguese 2014 Ingles 2017 Fin/Mux 17, 19 Invierno 2018
Primitivo 2019
I just purchased a Renfe ticket to travel from Madrid to Sarria and was surprised that my name doesn't show on it. I have a tight connection and am meeting my wife there who is finishing her Camino Frances there and we will take a train to El Ferrol. We will then hike the Camino Ingles and onto Finisterre and Muxia. Is this unusual not to have your name on the ticket as I remember not only your name but what identification you will use. anyone have and idea on this?

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yes. Never seen my name in any train or bus tickets in Spain.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Have you already printed your ticket? If so, what would you need identification for? There's no security screening for trains...

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I just purchased a Renfe ticket to travel from Madrid to Sarria and was surprised that my name doesn't show on it. I have a tight connection and am meeting my wife there who is finishing her Camino Frances there and we will take a train to El Ferrol. We will then hike the Camino Ingles and onto Finisterre and Muxia. Is this unusual not to have your name on the ticket as I remember not only your name but what identification you will use. anyone have and idea on this?

renfe tickets do not have names.

also,if you are on any of the high speed trains, security will probably not allow any type of knife on board.

I have a tight connection
There is no refund or credit if you miss the scheduled train unless you have purchased a ticket that does offer that feature. My backpack was x-rayed for the high speed train, but it was cursory, and they did not seem to be worried about my knife.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Everyone thanks for the input its been more then a year since traveling in Spain. Just got worried when I saw the Pasajero space was empty.

Mine booked a few weeks ago also didn't show my name. I also was charged twice - so double check your statements just in case! After initially telling me they didn't charge me twice - I sent a screenshot and was refunded without issue.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.