• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Conditions around Poladura

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Oct/Nov 2022_Mozarabe from Almeria
Passing on info received April 9 2018 re conditions
Jill salt sent me the pic below via ‘whatsapp’ and I’m sure she wouldn’t mind me updating anyone on the forum. Her attached message was:

3 snowed in at Poladura and working out their plan B
The pic shows the path between Buiza and Poladura on 9th.

No doubt Jill will give good info when back on line to forum. She keeps great notes.

Not sure how you contact Ender to find out more on conditions on Salvador for those heading that way. Someone on forum here may chime in with help.
Thanks Jill.
Buen Camino. Glad she has found 2 companions
Annie

Attachments

• 7541AE22-2744-461F-86A4-4CC36880B63C.jpeg
    7541AE22-2744-461F-86A4-4CC36880B63C.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 85
A selection of Camino Jewellery
The following info has been received by myself from forum member Jill Salt. Currently on the Salvador but switches off forum whilst on camino.
Jill’s message:
Hi! No problem to post stuff on the forum from me! It snowed all last night and was snowing heavily when we got up this morning. Poladura was white. We were in the albergue but had one heater and 2 big bottles of wine, so all good! I was with a Dutch guy and a Spanish guy. Both really nice. The pass to Pajares was under 2 metres of snow. Trying to keep up with a 6ft 6ins long legged Dutchman and Speedy Gonzales this morning to try and catch the only train a day this morning, 6kms away, has been the biggest challenge of my camino so far! Just made it to the station in Villamanin to catch the train. But no train! Renfe sent a taxi to take us on. Free! I got out at Campones, to contine walking. But the other 2 went on to La Pola de Lena to start walking again. I am now in Pola de Lena. The hospitalera recommended Mino for lunch, so now there enjoying a menu del dia and my first wifi in 2 days.
I will walk to Mieres tomorrow. A short day and no snow this side of Pajares.

Attachments

• AA1F77DE-ED5D-4C9D-9DC8-0515A69B12ED.jpeg
    AA1F77DE-ED5D-4C9D-9DC8-0515A69B12ED.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 33
  • E9B9B34A-DBFA-4A06-AA2C-A0822E1D5367.jpeg
    E9B9B34A-DBFA-4A06-AA2C-A0822E1D5367.jpeg
    413.6 KB · Views: 30
So they took the variant over the hill to Villamanin as I did in heavy rain in 2016. Not a nice alternative but you have to do what you have to do. Walking on the main road up to Puerto de Pajares is no joke in this kind of weather but still better than end up in two meters of snow. Their decision to skip the section was smart.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

(Soon-) Live from the Camino del Salvador - starting end of April 24. We are currently on the Camino de Invierno around 43km before reaching Santiago - from there we will catch a bus to Leon to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back