• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Confused about Cathedral Tickets

witsendwv

Time of past OR future Camino
(2015)
I am confused as to which tickets to purchase so if someone has visited the Cathedral recently I would appreciate help. We want to visit the Torre and the Portico. I do not understand " Remember that you must purchase the same number of tickets at the Portico de la Gloria". Can anyone explain??? 🙃
1661615742701.png

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
OK, I just had a look at the website and I think it's like this. The website says:

• For each visitor, 2 tickets of the Torre-Pórtico-Museum rate (€ 10 each) must be added to the shopping cart, 1 for the Pórtico de la Gloria and another for the Torre de la Carraca, choosing timetables where at least 1 hour elapses between one visit and another and that are the same day
So these are 2 separate tours but if you book them both together you are getting a discount, instead of paying €12 for each tour you pay €10 for each.

OK, I just had a look at the website and I think it's like this. The website says:

• For each visitor, 2 tickets of the Torre-Pórtico-Museum rate (€ 10 each) must be added to the shopping cart, 1 for the Pórtico de la Gloria and another for the Torre de la Carraca, choosing timetables where at least 1 hour elapses between one visit and another and that are the same day
So these are 2 separate tours but if you book them both together you are getting a discount, instead of paying €12 for each tour you pay €10 for each.
So I must purchase 4 Torre Portico Museo tickets for the two of us? And to confuse the issue more I think we can purchase the Reducida tickets being both jubilados and perigrinos. The site also states that: For each visitor, 2 tickets of the Torre-Pórtico-Museum rate (€ 8 each) must be added to the shopping cart, 1 for the Pórtico de la Gloria and another for the Torre de la Carraca, choosing timetables where at least 1 hour elapses between one visit and another and that are the same day, but only one time slot can be chosen. I am going to purchase and hope for the best. Thanks.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
What you need to do is put 2 tickets in the basket. Then you continue shopping and add the tickets for the other tour. You can't check out without adding the tickets for the other tour.

Just a warning when you go to visit the Portico. There is a museum before you go to the actual Portico. Your ticket time is for entering the Portico and they are very strict. We didn’t understand and arrived a few minutes before our ticket time. We took our time looking around at all the Cathedral artifacts. We then arrived at the entrance to the Portico where they checked your ticket time and were told we were late. After a discussion between the people working the area they let us in for a quick visit.

I saw that so I gave extra time between the Torre (1PM) and the Portico (2:45). And I did have to add two tickets and then go back and add the other two before it would let me check out.
Just a warning when you go to visit the Portico. There is a museum before you go to the actual Portico. Your ticket time is for entering the Portico and they are very strict. We didn’t understand and arrived a few minutes before our ticket time. We took our time looking around at all the Cathedral artifacts. We then arrived at the entrance to the Portico where they checked your ticket time and were told we were late. After a discussion between the people working the area they let us in for a quick visit.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hoping not to confuse things more, but the cathedral offers free, unguided 30 minute visits to the Pórtico de la Gloria. These slots can only be reserved 7 days in advance. You can stay in the Pórtico area for 1/2 hour, can use an audioguide (charge is 2€), and there are, I think, 24 slots available at 4:00 pm and again at 4:30 pm.

Hoping not to confuse things more, but the cathedral offers free, unguided 30 minute visits to the Pórtico de la Gloria. These slots can only be reserved 7 days in advance. You can stay in the Pórtico area for 1/2 hour, can use an audioguide (charge is 2€), and there are, I think, 24 slots available at 4:00 pm and again at 4:30 pm.

I saw those tickets, but this is the first trip where we are only staying in SdC for one night. We will have been traveling for almost two weeks before arriving at the cathedral, and didn’t want to have to think about it while we were walking. Now that I know I will keep it in mind for the next trip.

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know a good shop I SDC where they have local cheeses, hams and other delicacies to take home?
The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.