• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Confused, suggestions for short routes to Santiago please

ceri whitby

Time of past OR future Camino
future
Me and a friend are planning to walk a section of the Camino to Santiago starting out on 26th Oct (this is our travel day from London) and finishing on 31st Oct (this is also our travel day back to London). Up until yesterday we had planned for a longer trip but unfortunately this is now impossible. Can anyone suggest the best route? We are both relatively fit. Ideally we would like to get the Compostella but we aren't sure whether this is possible for such a short time frame.
We were going to do Sarria is suggested is this doable in our timeframe? Other people on the forums have suggested Ourense or Lugo. Any suggestions extremely welcome. Thanks in advance.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi , you have to walk at least te last 100km. to Santiago when you want a Compostela .
I would say begin in Sarria and when you do you need at least two stamps a day in your Credential.
Wish you a wonderfull time and a Buen Camino , Peter .

You will have to walk 25+km days to finish in that time scale. For someone reasonably fit and used to walking long distances that should be practical. The big bed rush should be over, weather is probably fairly cool and there should be no reason not to walk on until late afternoon if needs be. All of the routes ending in Santiago are fairly straightforward in the final 100km with no major hills or other serious obstacles. The Frances from Sarria, the Sanabres from Ourense, the Primitivo from Lugo, or the Camino Ingles from Ferrol. I would suggest the Camino Ingles as the most attractive and varied of the options. There is also a little extra satisfaction in walking a "whole" Camino from start to finish even if it is a very short one :)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thank you so much Peter and Bradypus. It sounds like doing 100km in our time-frame is time-frame is doable(fingers crossed). I will have a look into the Camino Ingles as an option.

I will have a look into the Camino Ingles as an option.
If you feel you are very pressed for time on the Ingles from Ferrol it is possible to shave some of the distance by crossing the bridge over the estuary directly to Fene rather than following the marked route around the northern end of the inlet.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
...All of the routes ending in Santiago are fairly straightforward in the final 100km with no major hills or other serious obstacles. The Frances from Sarria, the Sanabres from Ourense, the Primitivo from Lugo, or the Camino Ingles from Ferrol. I would suggest the Camino Ingles as the most attractive and varied of the options. ...
There are 4 more routes that are eligible for Compostela:
- Invierno from Monforte de Lemos (connects with Sanabres in A Laxe),
- Norte from Baamonde (??? - I don't know that for sure, sorry, and it connects with Frances),
- Portugues from Tui and
- the "back" walking from Fisterra or Muxia (you have to combine them) to SdC.

Although I haven't walk all of them I think Sarria would be the best start for your first Camino. Or maybe Ingles because it's the Camino (from Ferrol) in its own. This one you can even shorten with walking at least 25km in your own country (be sure to obtain at least two sellos per day!!!) and then walk from A Coruna to SdC.

Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
planning to walk a section of the Camino to Santiago starting out on 26th Oct (this is our travel day from London) and finishing on 31st Oct (this is also our travel day back to London).

Ingles because it's the Camino (from Ferrol) in its own. This one you can even shorten with walking at least 25km in your own country (be sure to obtain at least two sellos per day!!!) and then walk from A Coruna to SdC.

If I were in your situation, I'd take a weekend trying out my gear by walking those 25 km KinkyOne mentions. Do remember to get the necessary stamps on your credencial. Then try to catch a flight to A Coruña and start walking from there. Depending on the arrival time of the flight, you may be able to take a bus to the city, get a stamp (any café, tourist office or hotel, etc. will do) and start walking right away. A good alternative, is a flight to Santiago, bus to the city and bus to A Coruña.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back