• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Confusing Vaccine Pass Requirements in France as of 02/27/22

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Ross

Time of past OR future Camino
Two people to walk the Camino de Santiago in the spring of (2018)
Our travel begins on April 5th, Portland, Oregon to Dublin, April 8th Dublin to Lourdes, on to Biarritz and SJPdP via train.
Our problem? Apparently we need a French vaccine pass to access transportation. One of the current requirements of that pass is that you be fully vaccinated with booster and THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR BOOSTER NO MORE THAN 4 MONTHS AFTER YOUR FINAL DOSE OF THE PRIMARY VACCINE. In the United States one is not eligible to receive the booster until 6 months after your final dose.
Not only that, even if we were eligible for the pass, there is not a participating pharmacy near Lourdes to issue the pass.
Unless I am seriously misunderstanding the rules it looks like we are basically stuck in Lourdes without access to public transport.
I realize that this issue may not be exactly germane to this forum but I have to ask 'any ideas out there to solve this problem?' Thank you!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
It depends on the sort of train you take. If you take the slower regional train, you can travel without a pass vaccinal.

You also don't have to have had the booster within 4 months. If you have had a booster (at any time) you should be able to get the pass.

It also seems that not all the lists of pharmacies are up-to-date. If you see a pharmacy, you could go and ask. I expect, if nothing else, they will know where the nearest place you can get the pass is.

It depends on the sort of train you take. If you take the slower regional train, you can travel without a pass vaccinal.

You also don't have to have had the booster within 4 months. If you have had a booster (at any time) you should be able to get the pass.

It also seems that not all the lists of pharmacies are up-to-date. If you see a pharmacy, you could go and ask. I expect, if nothing else, they will know where the nearest place you can get the pass is.
Ok, I found this statement on 'France Diplomacy' re: obtaining the French vaccine pass: 'Since February 1st, 2022, in order to continue to be considered as fully vaccinated, persons aged eighteen or over wishing to enter the national territory must have received a booster dose no later than 9 months following the injection of the last required dose."
This answers the important question. Thanks for your help/information Molly.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ok, I found this statement on 'France Diplomacy' re: obtaining the French vaccine pass: 'Since February 1st, 2022, in order to continue to be considered as fully vaccinated, persons aged eighteen or over wishing to enter the national territory must have received a booster dose no later than 9 months following the injection of the last required dose."
This answers the important question. Thanks for your help/information Molly.
Is this just for US folk? I’m quite annoyed that the UK gov travel advice for France just says that we have to have had the second dosage 7 days before arrival, nothing about timing of the booster. I’m having my booster this coming Tuesday but I had my last vaccine 10 months ago. My flight is next month so I’ll have to see if I can even still enter France!

Our problem? Apparently we need a French vaccine pass to access transportation. One of the current requirements of that pass is that you be fully vaccinated with booster and THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR BOOSTER NO MORE THAN 4 MONTHS AFTER YOUR FINAL DOSE OF THE PRIMARY VACCINE.
I think that this is a bit of a mistranslation. If you have received your booster it doesn't matter when you received it.

Hopefully @Kathar1na will be along to better explain the requirements.

Is this just for US folk? I’m quite annoyed that the UK gov travel advice for France just says that we have to have had the second dosage 7 days before arrival, nothing about timing of the booster. I’m having my booster this coming Tuesday but I had my last vaccine 10 months ago. My flight is next month so I’ll have to see if I can even still enter France!
Check out this website, 'France Diplomacy'. It seems to provide definitive information regarding entry into and travel within France from all origins: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/c...g-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You shouldn't have any trouble as long as you've had the booster. I believe the NHS certificate is accepted in France.

I'll keep it short. @trecile and @Molly Cassidy have already given the necessary clarification. You need to read the texts of the French and UK government carefully and not jump to conclusions that are wrong.

The following currently applies to travellers from the UK and the USA, both of which are 'orange' countries under the French classification system:

There are no time limits for your certificate or pass for your booster jab. The document for your booster jab is immediately valid. It has no expiration date. It does not matter how many months had passed between your booster jab and the jab that you initially got so that you were considered as fully vaccinated for the first time.​
I recommend again the Eurostar website. Click on "Travel to France" [from the UK]. Then read what it says under: "You’re considered fully vaccinated for travel purposes if:"

Also: If you are from an 'orange' country, like currently the USA and the UK, and you have not been vaccinated for whatever reason or if you have been vaccinated but your first vaccination series finished more than 9 months ago and you did not get a booster jab since then, you are considered as an unvaccinated person. As such, you can currently not travel to France from 'orange' countries unless you can justify and prove that you have an essential reason. Touristic visits including Camino walking are not considered as an essential reason.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
One of the current requirements of that pass is that you be fully vaccinated with booster and THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR BOOSTER NO MORE THAN 4 MONTHS AFTER YOUR FINAL DOSE OF THE PRIMARY VACCINE. In the United States one is not eligible to receive the booster until 6 months after your final dose.
This common misinterpretation is unfortunate. @Kathar1na has summarized the actual requirements in the 2 posts just above this one. However, if you want to read about how others have been similarly misled, there is an earlier thread on "Does the booster expire?"

Our travel begins on April 5th, Portland, Oregon to Dublin, April 8th Dublin to Lourdes, on to Biarritz and SJPdP via train.
Our problem? Apparently we need a French vaccine pass to access transportation. One of the current requirements of that pass is that you be fully vaccinated with booster and THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR BOOSTER NO MORE THAN 4 MONTHS AFTER YOUR FINAL DOSE OF THE PRIMARY VACCINE. In the United States one is not eligible to receive the booster until 6 months after your final dose.
Not only that, even if we were eligible for the pass, there is not a participating pharmacy near Lourdes to issue the pass.
Unless I am seriously misunderstanding the rules it looks like we are basically stuck in Lourdes without access to public transport.
I realize that this issue may not be exactly germane to this forum but I have to ask 'any ideas out there to solve this problem?' Thank you!
Did you can an QR code with your vaccination? Because in Europe we use CovPass App. You simply scan the code (you get with the vaccination or with your certification in a pharmacy) and you have all the data in the app (saved on your phone only for EU data protection). Then your just click on the country you are currently in or you want to go to, the date of your travel and the little check mark tells you if it’s valid.

Did you can an QR code with your vaccination? Because in Europe we use CovPass App. You simply scan the code (you get with the vaccination or with your certification in a pharmacy) and you have all the data in the app (saved on your phone only for EU data protection). Then your just click on the country you are currently in or you want to go to, the date of your travel and the little check mark tells you if it’s valid.
In the US our official certificate is a paper card - no QR code on it.
Some states and cities along with some health networks have an app or website with a QR code, but not in the correct format to be scanned in the EU.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Some states and cities along with some health networks have an app or website with a QR code, but not in the correct format to be scanned in the EU.
I see… I don’t know how it works in France then, I am sorry. In Germany you could get the international code in most pharmacies, they do accept foreign paperwork.
Maybe it’s worth a try in a listed pharmacy in France or Spain: https://parisbymouth.com/how-to-transform-your-american-vaccination-card-into-a-french-health-pass/

Good luck and Buen Camino!

Last edited:
I'll keep it short. @trecile and @Molly Cassidy have already given the necessary clarification. You need to read the texts of the French and UK government carefully and not jump to conclusions that are wrong.

The following currently applies to travellers from the UK and the USA, both of which are 'orange' countries under the French classification system:

There are no time limits for your certificate or pass for your booster jab. The document for your booster jab is immediately valid. It has no expiration date. It does not matter how many months had passed between your booster jab and the jab that you initially got so that you were considered as fully vaccinated for the first time.​
I recommend again the Eurostar website. Click on "Travel to France" [from the UK]. Then read what it says under: "You’re considered fully vaccinated for travel purposes if:"
Just to be clear, I'm not talking about eligibility for travel TO France, I'm talking about eligibility for travel when you are IN France!! Here is what I found from a website titled 'France Diplomacy' :
"Since February 1st, 2022, in order to continue to be considered as fully vaccinated, persons aged eighteen or over wishing to enter the national territory must have received a booster dose no later than 9 months following the injection of the last required dose.".
So re: accessing trains, buses, air travel inside of France; going to restaurants etc, it's not 'anything goes' as far as the timing of your booster shot.

A couple of things are untrue in the above, but it's in a good way.

First you don't need the vaccination pass, you need proof of vaccination, which can be on paper.

Second -- and far more important -- you do not need the pass or any vaccination status or negative test to travel on a local TER train. You would need such a thing to catch a fast train to Bayonne (better than Biarritz), but not one of the local line TER ones.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Last edited:
Oh, and within France, the second dose is now valid for 3 months only, after which a booster is required for access to certain activities.

There is some strong possibility than some vaccination pass measures will start to be lifted from mid-March towards beginning April, though the likelihood would be that it be be for some settings first before others -- so that as to travel within France it's all far too speculative yet. Mask mandates outdoors, and indoors where the pass is required, have already been stopped though (except trains and planes -- so that for long-distance travel within France, it's likelier to be later than sooner).

It's still possible to get by unvaccinated inside France, if you're not working in certain mandated circumstances and you don't need long-distance travel, bars, restaurants, etc. And in practice, some bars and eateries out in the sticks don't bother with the pass, except nominally ; though obviously you can't count on it. And getting a coffee or quick meal in a bakery shop, or getting takeaway, is under no pass requirement.

Having said all that, the situation within the EU has become even more confusing than ever before, with some countries having recently tightened their mandates, but others loosening or even scrapping them ; and each EU Member State still sets its own entry requirements on its own sovereignty, which has led to a confused patchwork of specific and multiform country-to-country mandates for travel and other purposes, rather than the less complex situation until December or thereabouts.

At least one thing is clear -- none of this is mandated for a hike or bike between SJPP and Roncesvalles, and you only need a valid passport to cross that border by those means.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Just to be clear, I'm not talking about eligibility for travel TO France, I'm talking about eligibility for travel when you are IN France!! Here is what I found from a website titled 'France Diplomacy' :
"Since February 1st, 2022, in order to continue to be considered as fully vaccinated, persons aged eighteen or over wishing to enter the national territory must have received a booster dose no later than 9 months following the injection of the last required dose.".
So re: accessing trains, buses, air travel inside of France; going to restaurants etc, it's not 'anything goes' as far as the timing of your booster shot.
What you quote says: wishing to enter the national territory. This is the rule for travellers TO France.

It’s really important to be clear about your own personal situation on order to know what applies to you when you are IN France: Are you not boostered? If not when was your second jab and when will you be in France?

Last edited:
So, in summary, for those who are not French, don't live in France, had been vaccinated at home to receive primary immunisation (2xPfizer, 2x Moderna, 1xJ&J), could not get a booster jab back home or explicitly avoided getting a booster jab back home, had their second jab (P, M) or their first and only jab (J&J) more than 4 months ago, find themselves in France while current rules still apply, want to travel within France without being barred from any train and want to eat in restaurants without being barred from any restaurants. You have two choices:

1. Tough luck.
2. You get your booster jab in the next available pharmacy.

Also, for those to whom all the above applies, except that they did get a booster jab while still back home: There are at least 11 pharmacies in Lourdes and when it's 9 am and they open today, Monday 28 February 2022, I will be calling them until one of them confirms that they convert foreign vaccination certificates, in particular CDC cards, into French/EU ones.

So, in summary, for those who are not French, don't live in France, had been vaccinated at home to receive primary immunisation (2xPfizer, 2x Moderna, 1xJ&J), could not get a booster jab back home or explicitly avoided getting a booster jab back home, had their second jab (P, M) or their first and only jab (J&J) more than 4 months ago, find themselves in France while current rules still apply, want to travel within France without being barred from any train and want to eat in restaurants without being barred from any restaurants. You have two choices:

1. Tough luck.
2. You get your booster jab in the next available pharmacy.
... and then wait 14 days for the booster to become valid for pass purposes.

Or just travel using TER trains only, or hike, bike, or rent a car.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
are foreigners allowed to receive the vaccine in France?
As far as I know, foreign nationals without legal residence in France can get vaccinated. There are also some inaccuracies in this thread. For those who live in France: a booster is possible after 3 months and mandatory after 4 months for those who already have a vaccination pass due to their completed primary vaccination and who wish to continue having a valid pass.

The delay between date of booster jab and full validity of vaccination pass (if previously expired) for those in France is 7 days. I didn't check it but there may be an option for unrestricted access if presenting negative tests while waiting for full validity.

However, why are we discussing these minute details I sometimes wonder. Those who live in France know what to do and how to best inform themselves. Those who visit for Camino walking: How many of us are even in a situation where these details may apply? And how many of those will travel to France now, say during March, and not later when requirements and restrictions are highly likely to be less demanding?

I try to refrain from expressing my personal opinion. Suffice it to say: I have an idea and a sense of solidarity that not everyone shares. Also: I am double vaccinated and boostered.

Last edited:
Also, for those who did get a booster jab while still back home: There are at least 11 pharmacies in Lourdes and when it's 9 am and they open today, Monday 28 February 2022, I will be calling them until one of them confirms that they convert foreign vaccination certificates, in particular CDC cards, into French/EU ones.
Ok, that was easy and as expected. The first one that I called, Pharmacie Leclercq, 13 Place du Marcadal, Lourdes, confirmed already that they convert American vaccination documents, and in fact other foreign vaccination documents, into the French/EU format. No problem, said the friendly and polite monsieur. I also asked how much they charge: €25.

I am confident to say that by now, many months after this was made possible in French pharmacies, pretty much every pharmacy who offers Covid-19 vaccination - many but not all do - and hence who has a computer terminal with access to the French vaccination passport registration system will be able and willing to convert your CDC card into a pass vaccinal. Bring money, card and your passport.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
These are the rules for people arriving directly to France from a non EU country acording to reopen.europa.eu

Travellers must provide all the following documents:

1. Proof of vaccination or recovery from COVID-19 or negative result to a pre-departure molecular or rapid antigenic test (valid 24 hours or 48 hours).
But if people have layover in the UK there will most likely be more requirements like healthcare form.

No -- it's correct, for internal French pass requirements, the time limit since the last jab is now 4 months.

For international travel within the EU there is a time limit of 270 days. https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_21_6837
I think that the four months is what is required of people living in France for getting their booster. At the moment we have had no information about a fourth booster, which would be the case if it was only valid for four months.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
As Kathar1na clearly states - if you are a French resident your booster must be administered no later than 4 months from date of qualifying vaccination. The booster is shown on the TousCovid pass after only 7 not 14.

I would imagine the majority of forum members are not French residents so it doesn’t apply and irrelevant to a discussion on this forum.

As Kathar1na clearly states - if you are a French resident your booster must be administered no later than 4 months from date of qualifying vaccination. The booster is shown on the TousCovid pass after only 7 not 14.

I would imagine the majority of forum members are not French residents so it doesn’t apply and irrelevant to a discussion on this forum.
Sorry, but some of us do live in France and my comment was to distinguish between the fact that in France our booster is now 4 months after the second vaccination. If you are fully vaccinated, including your booster, you are free to come to France
so long as 270 days have not elapsed since your booster.

Sorry, but some of us do live in France and my comment was to distinguish between the fact that in France our booster is now 4 months after the second vaccination. If you are fully vaccinated, including your booster, you are free to come to France
so long as 270 days have not elapsed since your booster.
As do I

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Much better. Don’t go to France. Fly to Lisbon and walk on gorgeous Camino Portuguese. Only need negative Covid test.

As far as I know, foreign nationals without legal residence in France can get vaccinated. There are also some inaccuracies in this thread. For those who live in France: a booster is possible after 3 months and mandatory after 4 months for those who already have a vaccination pass due to their completed primary vaccination and who wish to continue having a valid pass.
It's so annoying, they keep on changing things ...

Au 15 février 2022, la dose de rappel devra être réalisée dès 3 mois après la fin de son schéma vaccinal initial et dans un délai de 4 mois maximum, autrement dit, la personne aura 1 mois pour réaliser son rappel.

(Here is the source of the discrepancy.)

Cette mesure s’applique aux personnes de plus de 18 ans et 1 mois. En effet, les personnes de 16 et 17 ans n’ont pas l’obligation de faire leur rappel pour conserver leur pass vaccinal, même s’il est fortement recommandé. Concernant les 12-15 ans, ils ne sont pas soumis au pass vaccinal. Dans le cadre du pass sanitaire, ils n’ont pas l’obligation de réaliser leur rappel, même si le rappel leur est ouvert.

• Si j’ai reçu 2 doses de vaccin, je dois faire mon rappel au plus tard 4 mois après ma deuxième injection.
  • Si j’ai eu le Covid-19 et que j’ai reçu ensuite une seule dose de vaccin (Astra Zeneca, Pfizer, Moderna), je dois faire mon rappel au plus tard 4 mois après mon injection.
  • Si j’ai eu le Covid-19 et que j’ai reçu ensuite une seule dose de vaccin (Astra Zeneca, Pfizer, Moderna), je dois faire mon rappel au plus tard 4 mois après mon injection.
  • Si j’ai reçu une dose de vaccin (AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna ou Janssen) et que j’ai eu le Covid-19 plus de 15 jours après l’injection, je dois faire mon rappel au plus tard 4 mois après mon infection.
  • Si j’ai eu le Covid-19 et que j’ai reçu ensuite une dose de Janssen après mon infection, je dois faire mon rappel au plus tard 2 mois après mon injection.
(So one dose of the J&J after getting covid is valid for only 2 months ; the French do so love to be complicated for complexity' sake)
  • Si je ne suis pas encore éligible à la dose de rappel, mon certificat de vaccination de schéma vaccinal initial (monodose ou deux doses) reste valide.
(Here is the the three months validity.)
The delay between date of booster jab and full validity of vaccination pass (if previously expired) for those in France is 7 days.
Ah OK then that has changed. Thanks.

Still, you can't just fly in double jabbed, get your third in a pharmacy, and then travel off immediately inside France "fully vaccinated" ; which was my underlying point.
I didn't check it but there may be an option for unrestricted access if presenting negative tests while waiting for full validity.
No, except for long-distance travel if you have a serious motive for it.

One thing though, you do not need a pass to stay in a hotel etc., but you would need one to eat at that hotel's restaurant or drink at its bar.

The French rules are becoming more and more complicated and hard to keep track of ... and I live here !!

Last edited:
These matters are clearly relevant to any pilgrim to be hiking, biking, or travelling in France in the current circumstances.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
So, again: Is there a single person reading this thread who is even in that situation - someone who wanted to but could not get a booster at home; had 2 initial first jabs less than 270 days ago and can therefore enter France from their home country which is orange; must absolutely now travel to France and cannot postpone until entitled to get a booster in home country before travelling; arrives in France and must obtain conversion to French passport done by French pharmacy in order to be able to travel on long-distance trains and eat in restaurants; but can't get conversion to valid French passport because no booster and only 2 jabs and these were done more than 4 months ago. And all this pretty soon before France abolishes the obligation for use of vaccination passports for access to trains and restos.

Anyone? The OP perhaps?

😵‍💫

Last edited:
So, again: Is there a single person reading this thread who is even in that situation - someone who wanted to but could not get a booster at home; had 2 initial first jabs less than 270 day ago and can therefore enter France from their home country which is orange
OP was worried that he might be in some situation of the sort ; not so, but if he had needed long-distance travel in France he would have been stuck as being jabbed more than 4 months ago but less than 270 days.

As things stand, he can land in Lourdes ; then get a TER to Bayonne, and from there train/bus to SJPP, then walk to Spain.

He is nevertheless in the situation that he cannot get a booster at home after 2 initial jabs, and so will be unable to drink at bars or eat at restaurants after arriving in Lourdes and until crossing the Spanish border, unless he finds some individual places that don't bother with the pass rules.

OP's queries have been answered though, in likely FAR more detail and excruciation than he may have been expecting !! 😱

If you got your vaccinations at CVS they have a QR code on cvscare

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'd still appreciate it if @Charles Ross could say whether he's boostered or not by the end of March 2022 and the start of the trip to France. Because despite reading carefully through the posts, it is not clear to me.

Also, the CDC website says that you can get a booster "at least 5 months after completing your primary Covid-19 vaccination series" and not 6 months as claimed in the first post.

Last edited:
This thread started out confusing, and despite everyone's best efforts I'm just more confused after reading through all the responses.

Moderators, would it be possible to create a "sticky" post that contains links to the most current official vaccination pass information for France and Spain? I realize the situation is constantly evolving and is confusing by nature. But threads like these make the situation even worse, and having a sticky post pointing people to sources of official information might help curb the proliferation of posts like this in the future.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thanks Kathar1na and others for your comments. Do 2 J&J shots qualify for compliance with French and Spanish current requirements?
Also, is there some hint that there is a relaxation of these documentary requirements in the offing?
Thanks again. 2022 Holy Year for Peace in Europe.

Thanks Kathar1na and others for your comments. Do 2 J&J shots qualify for compliance with French and Spanish current requirements?
Also, is there some hint that there is a relaxation of these documentary requirements in the offing?
From memory:
Yes to your first question: The second J&J shot counts as a booster shot.
Yes to your second question: Various members of the French government have given such hints to French media but no fixed dates are known.

€149,-
From memory:
Yes to your first question: The second J&J shot counts as a booster shot.
Yes to your second question: Various members of the French government have given such hints to French media but no fixed dates are known.
Thanks!

Also, the CDC website says that you can get a booster "at least 5 months after completing your primary Covid-19 vaccination series" and not 6 months as claimed in the first post.
Just for the record, in South Africa, we cannot get our booster shots until at least SIX months after our last vaccination. We tried, but nowhere will do it.

Just for the record, in South Africa, we cannot get our booster shots until at least SIX months after our last vaccination. We tried, but nowhere will do it.
Will you get your booster shot before your next Camino trip?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Will you get your booster shot before your next Camino trip?
Yes, thank you for asking.
It also has to be 14 days before arrival.
It's OK. Just.

Yes, thank you for asking.
It also has to be 14 days before arrival.
It's OK. Just.
Great! Buen Camino!

I think we should concentrate on this question: Am I boostered before I start my trip to the Camino. If the answer is yes, then go! If the answer is no, then don't go. This should make for shorter and less convoluted threads. 🥴

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'd still appreciate it if @Charles Ross could say whether he's boostered or not by the end of March 2022 and the start of the trip to France. Because despite reading carefully through the posts, it is not clear to me.

Well, for what it's worth at this point, Kath, I did receive the booster on 10/30/2021. Had i tried to obtain a booster 5 months and 29 days after my last Pfizer shot I would have received the message 'not eligible'. So, as of last year, it was definitely 6 months minimum wait here in the U.S.
I originally did see information that suggested that that interval between 'last shot' and 'booster could be no more than 4 months for the purpose of obtaining the French 'vaccine pass' for accessing some types of transportation, restaurants while IN France. I saw this info on 2 third party websites which, admittedly, may not have been reliable or provided outdated info.
What's the bottom line, for us at least? We're going! We'll be in France April 8th, at most 8 days, and probably won't even bother spending 100 U.S. to obtain this pass if we can avoid it. I didn't intend for the original post to lead to this confusion and am sorry that it did! C

I did receive the booster on 10/30/2021.
Thank you so much for coming back, @Charles Ross, and for this information! I really appreciate it. And perhaps you may not be surprised when I say: it confirms what I assumed to be the case right from the beginning of the thread: that you are already boostered.

I didn't intend for the original post to lead to this confusion and am sorry that it did!
Absolutely no need to apologise! It is a common misunderstanding, caused by unclear language on the original government websites and falsely spread by other websites or news media whose writers have misunderstood the original text. It is good that you brought this up; it may help other readers!

Buen Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
You shouldn't have any trouble as long as you've had the booster. I believe the NHS certificate is accepted in France.
On the UK gov website it does say click for requirements to enter France and it takes you to their website which states you can enter if you have had your booster and as you all know the NHS covid passport is accepted by the French Government , you simple show it at check in as well as arrival into France ..so whether you get the slow or fast train will have no bearing on you I think that's for the French Citizens who have not yet had their booster ....

so whether you get the slow or fast train will have no bearing on you I think that's for the French Citizens who have not yet had their booster ....
That is not true. Measures in France are what they are, and it makes no difference whatsoever if you are French or not, resident in France or not.

That is not true. Measures in France are what they are, and it makes no difference whatsoever if you are French or not, resident in France or not.
This thread is a discussion around the timing of the booster as to it’s validity in France. Although you keep responding to people ‘that is not true’ - and even highlight it as if shouting - it is absolutely true that French residents must have their booster within 4 months of their original round of vaccinations. For anyone else it is 9 months. Kathar1ne has very accurately given the full position. Time for this thread to be closed methinks.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Time for this thread to be closed methinks.
I second that.

If there are new questions about the same topic, it is best to start a new thread. The poster ought to state first of all whether s/he is boostered or not and wants to travel to France while there is still a requirement to have proof of vaccination during their stay IN France. If s/he is boostered, a quick reply ought to be sufficient to clear up common misunderstandings. If s/he is not boostered, the person ought to give details about timing, and forum members can then attempt to provide info that is both useful and focused on this particular case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back