• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Connecting flights at Charles De Gaulle

cesleeth

Time of past OR future Camino
2009 and 2012
We arrive Delta in Terminal 2E at 8:10 am, have to go thru customs and then catch an Easy Jet flight to Biarritz at 10:50 in Terminal D2. Is that doable and what is the best way to get from E2 to D2, walk or take the bus?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi,

2 hours 40 minutes should be more than enough :)

I flew via CDG several times, and on two or three occasions, I had to clear the customs and get to another terminal in just 1 hour or so. On one occasion, I did miss my connecting flight, but that was because the first flight was delayed.

Clearing the customs may be a problem - I almost always had to spend considerable time in the queue because only two or three lanes were open. But I think that with almost three hours on your hands you should be fine!

Different terminals and even parts of the same terminal are usually connected by buses. I'm not even sure it's possible to walk :)

Be very careful when boarding the bus: there are different lines, and you need to make sure you're boarding the right bus. If in doubt, ask the staff, they'll help!

Buen camino!:)

We arrive Delta in Terminal 2E at 8:10 am, have to go thru customs and then catch an Easy Jet flight to Biarritz at 10:50 in Terminal D2. Is that doable and what is the best way to get from E2 to D2, walk or take the bus?
FYI, you don't have a true "connection", which would be two flights on the same ticket. That means that if you do miss your second flight due to a delay of the first neither airline has an obligation to get you to your destination, and you will likely need to buy a new ticket. I would probably accept the risk if the flight between Paris and Biarritz isn't too expensive. Your travel insurance may cover it if you meet their minimum time for unprotected connections.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I would advise choosing seats at the front of the plane so you can get off earlier rather than later and get to the front of the immigration/customs line (edit: bring a pen so you can fill out your landing card before you get to immigration/customs if needed). I know this seems obvious, but ending up at the back of the line because you are the last to get off the plane or have to stop to fill something out can make a big difference making your second flight. Also, if you are returning from Madrid, give yourself at least three hours to make your connecting flight. On a less hurried note, if you miss your plane, there is always another one and the Camino will be there when you get there. Buen Camino!
PS Staying in Paris for a night or two to sort out jet lag and see a beautiful city is also a less hurried option. :)

Last edited:
I would advise choosing seats at the front of the plane so you can get off earlier rather than later and get to the front of the customs line (bring a pen so you can fill out your landing card before you get to customs). I know this seems obvious, but ending up at the back of the line because you are the last to get off the plane or have to stop to fill something out can make a big difference making your second flight. Also, if you are returning from Madrid, give yourself at least three hours to make your connecting flight. On a less hurried note, if you miss your plane, there is always another one and the Camino will be there when you get there. Buen Camino!
PS Staying in Paris for a night or two to sort out jet lag and see a beautiful city is also a less hurried option. :)
I have never had to fill out a landing card when arriving at any French airport, from either inside or outside Europe. Also, their immigration lines are among the fastest anywhere. As for customs lines (after collecting luggage if travelling with checked-in), almost non-existent. They just do random checks and after probably 30 or 40 arrivals at CDG I've never had one. I must look honest!

I have never had to fill out a landing card when arriving at any French airport, from either inside or outside Europe. Also, their immigration lines are among the fastest anywhere. As for customs lines (after collecting luggage if travelling with checked-in), almost non-existent. They just do random checks and after probably 30 or 40 arrivals at CDG I've never had one. I must look honest!
I was just trying to be helpful. Their transfer window is pretty narrow and some of us are not as spry as you.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I was just trying to be helpful. Their transfer window is pretty narrow and some of us are not as spry as you,
Oh dear - sorry if my reply sounded critical. I was also trying to be helpful, suggesting that the formalities on arrival at CDG are not nearly as cumbersome and time-consuming as they are on entering some countries (including my own). I agree that there is only a fairly short window there for them, but providing the incoming flight is not late they should make it. :)

We were there on May 3 and the passport control lines were huge. We’ve never seen them like that before. Not sure how long it would take...maybe an hour or more. We were on Delta Sky Prioity which has a designated line with no wait.

Most read last week in this forum

I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Greetings! I will be traveling with my daughter to walk the Camino Portuguese from Porto in July. The dates are a bit flexible, but not completely so. I’ve been researching flight tickets, and...
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back