• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Connection from Norte to Ingles?

Tess@rest

Time of past OR future Camino
Latest Camino: 2022- Catalan y Ebro
I’m interested in walking the Norte from Gijon and somehow connecting to ACoruna so I can walk the Ingles in to Santiago. (A couple of years ago I walked from Irún to Gijon and then took the Primitivo into Santiago. ) Has anyone done this? Is there a marked path? Thx! Tessa

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I found the connection between the Norte and Ingles starting in Ferrol. Looks like it is fully signal with the yellow arrows.

The way would be:

Ribadeo, Rinlo, concello de Barreiros, la Espiñeira bridge, Villaronte, San Martiño de Mondoñedo cathedral, Foz, Fazouro, Burela, Cervo, Jove, Vivero, Covas (crossing the river), Riobarva, Ferrol.

They said that it was well marked.

Buen Camino & Ultreia!!

I found the connection between the Norte and Ingles starting in Ferrol. Looks like it is fully signal with the yellow arrows.

The way would be:

Ribadeo, Rinlo, concello de Barreiros, la Espiñeira bridge, Villaronte, San Martiño de Mondoñedo cathedral, Foz, Fazouro, Burela, Cervo, Jove, Vivero, Covas (crossing the river), Riobarva, Ferrol.

They said that it was well marked.

Buen Camino & Ultreia!!
This is the Ruta do Mar and has its own section here on the forum. Yes it is a link and hopefully better signed than in 2015. Some places were well signed others less so. I think the route now misses Xove and turns north sooner, maybe to pass accommodation. it comes onto the Ingles at Xubia by the church rather than in Ferrol itself.
I suggest that you check out the threads and also our blog if you want to try this variant. Also @Dave is planning on producing a guide at some time in the future.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We walked that last year. It is well marked. Much of the route is on stone paved pathways that are easy to follow but hard on the legs. Accommodations are primarily pensions. Distances can be in the 30s. Coastal views are beautiful. Your compostela will most likely say you started in Ferrol as it is not a recognized route when you switch routes like that. (If that is important) Enjoy.

Thx for all the info. I had no idea that this route had a name so knowing that really helps. Now I have some town names to help me plan. As usual this forum is the best for a wandering pilgrim! Tess

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am also working on an update to the Ingles guide to include this route which is growing in popularity among pilgrims... though less popular with the businesses south of Ribadeo.
Please let me know when it is updated...thx!

We walked that last year. It is well marked. Much of the route is on stone paved pathways that are easy to follow but hard on the legs. Accommodations are primarily pensions. Distances can be in the 30s. Coastal views are beautiful. Your compostela will most likely say you started in Ferrol as it is not a recognized route when you switch routes like that. (If that is important) Enjoy.
Is it possible to post your actual stages/accommodation etc in a thread on the Mar section of the forum please. We hope to walk some parts again this year although using a car to reach different sections rather than walking through. Any new notes from last year would be good as ours are now out of date in many places. Maybe in the 'Mar Stages' thread unless you prefer to start a new thread instead.

Are there any albergues_

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there. I’m thinking of spending around five to seven days walking the Ingles, and would be interested in getting some input. I’ve walked the Portuges from Porto to Santiago, before continuing...
So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Howdy folks I am looking forward to doing the St. James Way in England and considering continuing on with the es Camino INGLES. Can anyone share suggestion or have experience with transportation...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back