• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

connection Madrid to SJPdP

Bem48

Bem in Sydney
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2008 Camino del Norte 2011 VdlP 2013
Levante in 2019?
Happy New Year/Feliz Ano to everyone,
can someone give me detailed info, how best and easiest get from Madrid to St Jean PdP in April/May this year.
Thank you
Bem in Sydney

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Bem,

Happy New Year to you too

If your flying from Sydney, I've always found it easier to go to Paris and make your way from there.

If Paris is an Option let me know and I'll fill you in.

You can fly to Paris and leave from Madrid if that's an option too.

Regards

Pablo

Thanks Pablo,
Madrid is the only option. As the people I will meet in StJPdP, are arriving in Madrid coming from NZ. they have to leave their main luggage in Madrid with friends, then want to find their easiest ad quickest way (?) to StJPdP to meet up with me, I'm coming from Germany at that time.
Hope someone can enlighten me!
Buen Camino Bem

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Most direct route would be
Madrid to Pamplona by train (about 3.5 hrs from memory)
Then Bus to Roncesvalles (problem here is I think there is only 1 bus per day late afternoon evening and it gets to Roncesvalles in the evening)

Then you have to get to SJPDP by taxi. Helps if there are a few of you.

If there are a few of you you may even want to explore sharing a cab from Pamplona to SJPDP, because it really isnt that far.

A quick search in this forum will give you more details as this has been posted a few times. I just had a quick look but the pages aren't loading. Website must be celebrating the new year :D

Try again in a little while and you should have no problem.

Or maybe someone else has the details at their finger tips.

Oh just one more thing. I know someone who arrived at Madrid to catch the train to Pamplona and it was full not a single seat left and had to wait a day, so maybe a booking would be useful

Pablo

Muchas Gracias, Pablo
will search for further details in the fora.
Will consider booking ahead.
Thanks again
Bem in Sydney

I'm going from Madrid to St jean via San Sebastian. San Sebastian to Hendaye to St Jean all on train.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I flew from Madrid to Pamplona. Very inexpensive and quick. Then I took the local bus from the airport to the bus station--which is real close to the large department store with a wonderful grocery in the basement.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back