• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

connection Pamplona to Hendaye

Bem48

Bem in Sydney
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2008 Camino del Norte 2011 VdlP 2013
Levante in 2019?
Hola,
in May 2011 I will be on the "frances" from SJPdP to Pamplona (only), from there I want to connect
to Hendaye to start the "del Norte". Can someone give me advice on train or bus from Pamplona to
Irun/Hendaye ??? cost, frequencies, duration etc. Thank you and Buen Camino
Bem from Sydney

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Bem,
It is not that clear!
Renfe (Spanish National Railway) on their site:
train from Pamplona till Irun: daily at 11:19 and 19:21, arriving 13:25 resp. 21:32, price EUR 22,00 one way, not on Sunday
see: http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/index.html

But there is other info at: http://www.xacobeo.fr/ZF1.05.tra.Esp.htm
- Autobus Pamplona - Irun : Cie La Burundesa

Monday till Saturday dép. 16 h 30 arr. 18 h 20
Sunday dép. 18 h 00 arr. 19 h 50

- Autobus Pamplona - Irun : Cie La Estellesa
dép. 08 h 00 arr. 10 h 00
dép.13 h 15 arr. 15 h 10

- Train Pamplona - Irun
Monday till Saturday dép. 05 h 36 arr. 08 h 08
dép. 17 h 46 arr. 19 h 41
dép. 18 h 42 arr. 21 h 05
So it is confusing....
Jan Brilleman

Jan,
Sorry for being late in thanking you for all the info on the connection Pamplona to Irun.
the holiday-Season is to blame !
Yes it seems a bit confusing, but later, closer to my intended travel-date I'll get a clearer
picture on those web-sites, hopefully.
Thank you again
and Buen Camino
Bem in Sydney

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
It is possible to walk to Bayonne on the Camino Frances in 5 to 6 days, leaving the Camino Frances at Trinidad de Arre about 4.5km from Pamplona. Although this is considered an ancient route, used by the Romans on the Camino Real, it is not a frequently used route and does not have much in the way of pilgrim accommodation until it reaches Trinidad de Arre.
Ruta del Baztan: ± 100km Bayonne to Trinidad de Arre and Pamplona

http://vppyr.free.fr/pages_transversale ... baztan.htm

For all bus times in Spain refer to http://www.alsa.es

My suggestion would be bus from Pamplona to San Sebastian (€14). About 10 buses a day. Check the journey times - some are just 1 hour, others go the long way; 2 hours. From San Sebastian you can take the narrow guage train to Irun, or take another bus.

All public transport is extremely good value in Spain. For a rough rule of thumb €10 for every 100KM will more than cover the estimated cost of a bus ticket. But, the Alsa website above does give good information and exact fares.

Thanks "sillydoll" and "lostphotographer"
for your advice, the rule of thumb 10Euro/100km on buses is very helpful
Cheers
Bem in Sydney

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back