• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Conques in October?

ABCracker

Time of past OR future Camino
Do pilgrims still travel through Conques in October or is it too cold? Do the monks still offer pilgrim's mass in October?

Thank you !

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yes to both. Conques is a popular starting/endpoint with French pilgrims that to the Le Puy route in stages. Depending how far you want to go after Conques you might run into difficult weather, for example in the Aubrac area. Buen Camino, SY

"October" is a too generic definition. It is the beginning of winter, so temperatures tend to fall precipituosly, with a net difference from week to week. I'd say that the first two weeks are (generally) acceptable, but after that, weather becomes more severe. You have to consider, obviously, your starting and finishing dates.
But you never know...last year my friends told me about an unusually mild December.
Conques is considered a rainy region; that explains why it is so green and visually attractive.
See hard data here

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Coming into Conques in a rainstorm is treacherous, the descent is a doozy. In contrast, the climb out of Conques in a rainstorm is...possibly even worse.

Yes to both. Conques is a popular starting/endpoint with French pilgrims that to the Le Puy route in stages. Depending how far you want to go after Conques you might run into difficult weather, for example in the Aubrac area. Buen Camino, SY
Thank you so much-- I am not walking the Camino at this time, but visiting and sharing the experience with a relative who has never seen pilgrims depart /pilgrims' mass. The monks in Conques do such a lovely

The other issue in October is that there is a school holiday. I'm not sure the duration: one/two/three weeks. And I'm not sure when it starts, but it generally includes the end of the month. Toussaint, or All Saints Day, is often the marker for closing summer-season businesses such as gites. You will often see in MMD that places are open from Pascal to Toussaint (Easter to All Saints). Some places will still be open; other places will be open hit-or-miss (if no one has made a reservation, they will take off the week). So do check in advance. As always, MMD is your friend.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The other issue in October is that there is a school holiday. I'm not sure the duration: one/two/three weeks. And I'm not sure when it starts, but it generally includes the end of the month. Toussaint, or All Saints Day, is often the marker for closing summer-season businesses such as gites. You will often see in MMD that places are open from Pascal to Toussaint (Easter to All Saints). Some places will still be open; other places will be open hit-or-miss (if no one has made a reservation, they will take off the week). So do check in advance. As always, MMD is your friend.

That's good info. I think I will arrive in Conques about mid October. I hope I can secure a reservation at hotel St. Foy ( as we won't be pilgrims this time, cannot stay in monastery.)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back