• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Conques to Paris?

Amy Mello

Time of past OR future Camino
Porto to Santiago in Sept 15
I have had some trouble identifying the quickest ways back from Conques to Paris for a flight home and was hoping I might be pointed toward some transportation options.

We are booked for arrival in Paris on Tuesday June 7 and we must make a return flight on Saturday June 18 at 2:30pm. (Not possible to squeeze even 1 more vacation day from work - but looking forward to starting a multi year effort to walk Le Puy!) I was optimistic, but after reading threads here and looking at mileage, I think its probably not possible for me personally to walk it in 9 days.

So, if we need 10 days to walk from Le Puy to Conques, it means I would arrive in Conques on Friday, the 17th presumably in the afternoon (looks like short day of 9ish miles to Conques) and I'd need an option like a late night, very early morning, or over night train to Paris - or I'll have to skip a day of the walk which I do not prefer.

Any advice?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Have you checked Blablacar.fr? You can arrange a ride through them, but it'd probably be easier to get to Paris if you could get to Decazeville. There is a baggage service that transports people along the Le Puy route if you get behind schedule or want to get a ride from Conques. (There's no bus service). http://www.lamallepostale.com/price-list-the-st-james-way.
According to my Michelin guide, it's 10 days to Conques but we ended up having to do some 1/2 stages because of blisters!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you both for these links!

I wasn't thinking of a plane, but its very reasonable to fly from Rodez to Paris at 6pm - still leaves me some time to see Conques. Should work perfectly. Now I'll just focus on training so I can actually reach Conques in 10 days!

She's also racing through Paris and, I suppose, Lyon and Le Puy. But she'll be back in Conques to resume hiking at some point...

We make our own choices.

Meanwhile, I see the flights from Rodez go to Orly. It's never simple.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
True that we wont have as much time in Conques, but I do hope to return when we start the next section next year.

I'm not very sorry to miss extra time in Paris, but do wish I had more time for Le Puy and Conques. Only so much vacation time -and budget.

We did some of the Portuguese last year and really look forward to this hike in France being something we can go back to every year til we finish.

Appreciate all the advice, the forum has been excellent to help me plan, and excited to make a tentative plan for stages and get feedback in the future.

My husband walked to and caught the train from Decazeville back to Paris - that seemed the easiest "exit" after Conques (it's the town after Conques). Decazeville is really the only place on the Le Puy route I disliked!

My husband walked to and caught the train from Decazeville back to Paris - that seemed the easiest "exit" after Conques (it's the town after Conques). Decazeville is really the only place on the Le Puy route I disliked!

Yes. Poor old Decazeville, it does not have much going for it. But there is a nice Cathedral.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back