• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Conques to Toulouse

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy-Santiago 2012-13; +++; Somport-Burgos 2023
Greetings all. I am considering returning to the Le Puy route, but looking for a variant. It appears there are GRs that go from Conques to Toulouse and there is a GR guidebook for the route. A short detour could put me in Albi, which has a fascinating history.

Is there anyone out there who has done this variant and can share their experience about infrastructure?

Cheers and buen camino.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I have not done any of this route. I have stayed in Albi for several days and it was an interesting place to visit. It's an easy train ride from Toulouse.

If you don't get any help on this forum, you might try this French forum: http://www.aucoeurduchemin.org/spip/spip.php?page=forum&id_rubrique=34&id_forum=46510&retour=spip.php?page=forum_modere#forum46510

The most recent post asks almost the very question you have, although it is a request for help with the Vezelay route. I have also recently seen a post in English which received a reply in English. But that has been the only English language back and forth in the 3 years I have been reading this forum. You could try an English language post (after signing up) or you could tweak, perhaps with the help of a local French teacher/speaker, the post I mentioned.

Bonne chance.

Last edited:
Mercy beaucoup for the link. My reading and writing in French is fairly decent, so can give that site a look.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Mercy beaucoup for the link. My reading and writing in French is fairly decent, so can give that site a look.

One additional thought...the Bureau de Tourisme in Conques might be able to help you. That office gets a lot of visitors. It's just a thought...and kind of a long shot.

Bon chemin.

My last thought on an easy way, language-speaking wise, to search for info. The only large town on that route is Villefranche-de-Rouergue. There is a tourist office there and requesting info from them is painless (use link below).

http://www.tourisme-aveyron.com/en/useful-information/contact-us.php

If the tourist office can't help you directly, they may be able to provide the contact info for the local hiking group enabling you to send them an inquiry.

I have certainly by this point exhausted my usefulness. Good luck.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back