• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Conques

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Congratulations on a magnificent achievement!

And in a couple of days you'll be in Figeac, which is worth a day in itself, as is Cahors, Moissac........truly, provincial France is made for the dawdler.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I started from Cluny on 31/5 /2018 and arrived in St Jean Pied de Port on 11/7.After Figeac I took the variant by the Vallée de Célé which was beautiful.I stayed in the gîte of the Abbé in Conques which was excellent.
I had the privilege of reading the lesson in english before the blessing of the pilgrims.A souvenir which I will always treasure.The organ récital by the priest was heavenly.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Conques. Walked 41 days (plus 2 days rest in Le Puy-en-Velay), 665km. We deserve a day's rest!
Last night's concert in the abbey church was amazing. We continue on to SJPDP tomorrow.View attachment 44680

From this picture, it looks like they still take you up to walk around the upper gallery during the concert, so close to those magnificent capitals. I remember it as one of the most beautiful experiences for the eyes and the ears of any camino.

I am enjoying your polarsteps blog so much! https://www.polarsteps.com/AndrewGuillaume/678858-the-way-le-chemin

Conques. Walked 41 days (plus 2 days rest in Le Puy-en-Velay), 665km. We deserve a day's rest!
Last night's concert in the abbey church was amazing. We continue on to SJPDP tomorrow.View attachment 44680View attachment 44680
A J ,if you are planning to stay in Arthez de Béarn I can recommend the gîte Boulangerie Brousse.This was my 3rd time walking the Le Puy route and first time to stay in this gîte. Monsieur Brousse is a wonderful kind hearted man.I was told about his gîte in 2006 and at that time the pilgrims ate breakfast in the actual bakery but now with hygiène régulations you can have breakfast with him in the café attached to the bakery.He provided a great evening meal and as the French would say it was copieux.
The gîte is on the left hand side of the road
on the way in to Arthez.You will find l'esprit
du chemin chez Msr Brousse.It was a pleasure to stay there.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I started from Cluny on 31/5 /2018 and arrived in St Jean Pied de Port on 11/7.After Figeac I took the variant by the Vallée de Célé which was beautiful.I stayed in the gîte of the Abbé in Conques which was excellent.
I had the privilege of reading the lesson in english before the blessing of the pilgrims.A souvenir which I will always treasure.The organ récital by the priest was heavenly.

I will also treasure a similar souvenir: I was asked to read the lesson at Complies, before the blessing, albeit in French (I am bilingual).

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back