• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Contacting Daughter

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Dear Jneczypor,

I'm sorry to reply to you as one who has not seen your daughter... I'm still in the States. However, I hear the desperation in your message and as a mother of a 24 yr. old daughter and 21 yr. old son, I feel your worry and anxiety... especially if International travel is new for you and your family.

I reply to you in hope of sending you peace and comfort in your spirit... if your daughter is on the Camino, I'm sure she is safe and sound... she is probably caught up in the spirit of living one day at a time... this is not Cancun or an International resort area where kids are caught up in living the party lifestyle... and if she is traveling with friends and they are all spontaneous, it might just be that they've yet to even arrive on the Camino at any point just yet... or perhaps, they are taking a detour to investigate other cities or such.

I know this must not be easy for you at the moment as you worry about your daughter... but again, if she is on the Camino, I believe whole heartedly that God will protect her and you need not worry. Meanwhile, have you been able to contact family or friends that know who she is traveling with to ease your mind?

I'll be praying for you and your daughter and trusting that all is well... fear not~ Denise

ps- please keep me (the forum) updated???

From Pamplona.-

Babel fish traduction.-
I put your message in another forum in Spanish .-
Have faith I do not think your daughter think of anything. El Camino is very safe
Luck

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi there,

We get these types of messages each year in the forum... so far all of them has ended well. I think what happens is that she has found a good group of people to walk with + internet access is far between... so she does not keep as much in touch as she promised...

I bet she is just fine...

Greetings from Santiago,
Ivar

Please try not to worry,( I realize this is difficult), know that everyone is sending you Blessings and many good wishes! I pray your Daughter will contact you very soon.Sending you Light& Love Nancy

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Very easy to do. Happiness all round! :D :D :D

lynne

Mom,

Please feel free to hang around this forum a little longer and get a small taste of what your daughter is up to- and glad you located her.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back