• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Can I Continue My Camino Walk with an Uncompleted Credential?

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Yes. That is not a problem. Many people complete a Camino in stages with long periods in between. The pilgrim office's only concerns are that you have the two stamps per day for the final 100km in an authorized credencial and that you have followed one of their recognised routes.

As far as the Pilgrim's Office is concerned it is walking at least 100 km into Santiago that matters. Breaking your journey and recontining is of no consequence.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It's the same Camino -- use the same Credencial.

Yes, you can and should continue with the same credential. This is what the Pilgrim's Office says:

You can do the Way in stages, provided they are in chronological and geographical order. However, if you only do the minimum required distance (last 100 or 200 km), you must always get your Credencial stamped at the start and end of each stage, including the corresponding date, to show that the pilgrim has resumed the Way in the same place where they last stopped (i.e. you should always get the stamp at the starting point even though you have already stamped the card in the same place at the end of the previous stage).

I did similar in 2019 from SJPP to Logrono, and then from Logrono to SDC in 2021 and no-one batted an eye when I presented it

As above, only the last 100kms counts towards the Compostela

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yes, the same credential can be continued. But I think it is important to read what @trecile posted. When you resume the Camino, you should start by getting a stamp from the same place (presumably the same town will be adequate) where you got your last stamp of the previous series. That is meant to show that you did not skip ahead.

When you resume the Camino, you should start by getting a stamp from the same place (presumably the same town will be adequate) where you got your last stamp of the previous series. That is meant to show that you did not skip ahead.
However, this is only really important, as far as qualifying for a Compostela, during the last 100 km.

I'm in the same predicament almost. I started at Astorga and walked to SDC in 2016. In 2 months 'I'm walking from Pamplona to Saghun. I don't care about the Compostella. But I would like to stay in the Municpal albergues along the way. Can I use my old Credential?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'm in the same predicament almost. I started at Astorga and walked to SDC in 2016. In 2 months 'I'm walking from Pamplona to Saghun. I don't care about the Compostella. But I would like to stay in the Municpal albergues along the way. Can I use my old Credential?
Yes, of course you can.

Yes, the same credential can be continued. But I think it is important to read what @trecile posted. When you resume the Camino, you should start by getting a stamp from the same place (presumably the same town will be adequate) where you got your last stamp of the previous series. That is meant to show that you did not skip ahead.

However, this is only really important, as far as qualifying for a Compostela, during the last 100 km.
It may also be useful, beyond the last 100 km, if you think you might be requesting a distance certificate.

@samoht.w , I know you got your question answered and I just agree with previous commentors. Yes, you can use the same one and yes, it is a good idea to "double stamp" there where you have taken a break. My third Camino is the one from the home door (Ulm, Germany) to Santiago - in stages. I started in October 2017 and have made it out of Germany and almost through Switzerland. I still have the Geneva Way and Le Puy and Norte/ Frances. So far I have taped two credentials together, will probably need two or three more. This credential is so very dear to me. Dearer than the ones from the completed Caminos and probably dearer than any other document in life.

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 6
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 6
  • image0 (3).jpeg
    image0 (3).jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 6
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.