• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Corazón Puro message

CaptBuddy

Time of past OR future Camino
Fall 2012, again Fall 2014.
Posted on Facebook, just now.

Dear Camino friends!
Maybe you remember in January we posted sad news about our pensión, because of some family-health problem we couldn't open Corazón Puro for the 2017 season. We are still in Hungary trying to arrange all of our duties.
Recently we have received strange news from Bizkarreta: somebody rented the same house and opened a place under our registered name, they call the house for "corazonpuro.net".
This is simple crime because the name of Corazón Puro is a trade mark and we have worked very hard for years to have a very good repuation in the Camino-world... and somebody stole this name without any notice. We would like to inform the Camino-friends we have no any deal with the owner of corazonpuro.net, as we see this new style Camino-business is far away from our original concept and practice. Of course we try to do our best with the authorities to stop using our name.
The real Corazón Puro still belongs to Barbara and Istvan.
Please share this information on the Camino forums to avoid any misunderstanding in the future.
Buen Camino, Barbara and Istvan

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I stayed with Barbara and Istvan at Corazon Puro in 2015, and it was an amazing comfortable and informative experience. My thoughts and prayers are with you right now with your family issues, and I know you will be back to care for pilgrims no matter what name you use for your establishment.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I don't understand this. Did the owners sell it and a new Corazon Puro has been opened? Or has it not actually been sold and the original owners are planning on coming back but someone has stolen the pension in the meantime?
Great little village and a nice place to stop between stages after the tough mountain stage. An albergue here would be perfect.

If you read the original post, it appears that the Hungarian couple were renting the house and running it as an albergue. When they went back to Hungary, someone else rented the house and is still running it as an albergue, and under a very very similar business name.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
If you read the original post, it appears that the Hungarian couple were renting the house and running it as an albergue. When they went back to Hungary, someone else rented the house and is still running it as an albergue, and under a very very similar business name.
It is being run with the same name but the URL of the website is different. If you visit the website you are greeted with "Bienvenidos a Corazón Puro".

This really seems to be a shame, the new establishment appears to be trading off Istvan and Barbara's long-established business name and reputation. But for their family's medical issue, they'd still be there running it. I wonder if the new owners would consider either changing the name or remitting some of the proceeds to the previous tenants. I can also see this from another perspective, though. I heard so many good things about Corazon Puro and I contacted them early on, only to be told that they weren't accepting reservations yet. Then by the time they would have, the message came out about their having to go to Hungary. I'm not going to lie, I was really disappointed. I'd heard SO many great stories about the place and Istvan and Barbara, it was a big blow. I can see how other peregrinos like me might be glad to stay in the same house, although without the previous couple there it'd be a different experience. Maybe there's a compromise in order? I mean, having A place to stay there in Bizkarreta seems better than none, no?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
What this thread needs is the opinion of a lawyer well versed in Spanish law. If the name 'Corazon Puro' is already a registered trade mark as the previous owners suggest, they would surely be able to make a legal challenge, if that is what they really want.

What this thread needs is the opinion of a lawyer well versed in Spanish law. If the name 'Corazon Puro' is already a registered trade mark as the previous owners suggest, they would surely be able to make a legal challenge, if that is what they really want.
The OP says they are already doing that, working with the "authorities".

I thought I would add a different view point.
I did not stay when Istvan and Barbara ran this place, though from the sounds of it it would have been wonderful, however I did recently stay in May with the new renters/owners. I can only imagine it is devastating if the previous family have left due to sickness and had wanted to return to carry on a great place for pilgrims to stay when they are in a better place with their family.
However, I would like to say that the place was truly a little slice of heaven with the new owner. He is from Argentina and is running this with his son. He does not speak much English and so conversations are in Spanish or using translator but they were both very warm and welcoming, it was by a long mile the loveliest place and meal and the warmest most authentic welcome I experienced.
I am sure that is hard to hear for those that know Istvan and Barbara, but I guess I found some of the posts contained what I thought perhaps an unwarranted amount of ill will to the new establishment. Yes, perhaps they should have chosen a new name, maybe they intentionally did not because it was listed under this name in the Camino books and they wanted people to stop and wanted to be able to make a living. I can see this may be dishonest, but I can also see that it could simply be motivated with no mal intent for the previous owners and a genuine desire to make their new investment work for them.
I understand it is upsetting and I don't know the legalities around trade marks in Spain, but my understanding of trade marks in Australia is that the protection of trademarks do not apply if you are not using them. I don't know how long is considered not in use, but basically it is to stop people buying or holding trademarks to stop others from using them.
I hope this all works out well for Istvan and Barbara and the new family and that ultimately maybe there becomes two separate places for Camino pilgrims to stay in a warm, welcome and carefully thought out place after a long days walking.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back