• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Corazon Puro Returning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyndale

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances Aug(2013), Portuguese (2018) Le Puy (2019)
Starting to replan another Camino for fall of 2022. Has anyone heard from Istvan and Barbara of Corazon Puro? That was such a wonderful experience and start to the Camino. Wondering if they are considering coming back?
Lynda

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Starting to replan another Camino for fall of 2022. Has anyone heard from Istvan and Barbara of Corazon Puro? That was such a wonderful experience and start to the Camino. Wondering if they are considering coming back?
Lynda
I loved staying with them in April 2015. They had to shut down due to family illness in 2017 when I tried booking with them again. I think they returned to Hungary. As of 2019 there was still nothing showing on the internet advertising their private albergue.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Curazon Puro in Bizkaret is another pleasure that is only a happy memory.
I stayed in 2013 and 2014; their three course supper was always most savory with native Hungarian spices and their varied conversations were most helpful. ...Good memories of great hosts.
Bizkaret__Curazon_Puro_pension.jpg

Lynda
Read a post from Barbara
Lynda
Read a post from Barbara couple of years back. For family reasons they had to return to Hungary so we're closed for one season. They had paid the rent on the building for the full year but not long after getting back to Hungary, she discovered the building owners had rented to someone else who were operating under Barbara's business name. Obviously was very angry and asked that pilgrims should give the place a miss. She never got it back to my knowledge. I got on very well with her as she lived for a while in Belfast so we had a lot to talk about

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
They will be missed ❤️

Attachments

• 1970611C-28B5-4EF2-A49F-EF9C202A0E45.jpeg
    1970611C-28B5-4EF2-A49F-EF9C202A0E45.jpeg
    659.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 54E75909-9509-4276-B518-0A69025E0810.jpeg
    54E75909-9509-4276-B518-0A69025E0810.jpeg
    756.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 7A2C4C30-7B39-4C6E-8C57-5CE26E6650FF.jpeg
    7A2C4C30-7B39-4C6E-8C57-5CE26E6650FF.jpeg
    762.7 KB · Views: 26
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Corazon Puro was my very first "taste" of the Camino Frances in 2015. Istvan picked us up at the bus station in Pamplona. The pilgrim meal was great and I am still friends with the two Americans at the dinner table and we meet up every year for a mini-reunion and we make tapas, Santiago cake...and have plenty of Rioja wine.
I remember going in the bathroom for my shower after the long flight from the US and wondering "Where are the towels and soap?"...oh yeah, I got'ta dig them out of my own backpack. Let the Camino begin! 😃
P.S. Istvan drove us to SJPdP the next morning to begin...

Last edited:
Corazon Puro was my very first "taste" of the Camino Frances in 2015. Istvan picked us up at the bus station in Pamplona. The pilgrim meal was great and I am still friends with the two Americans at the dinner table and we meet up every year for a mini-reunion and we make tapas, Santiago cake...and have plenty of Rioja wine.
I remember going in the bathroom for my shower after the long flight from the US and wondering "Where are the towels and soap?"...oh yeah, I got'ta dig them out of my own backpack. Let the Camino begin! 😃
P.S. Istvan drove us to SJPdP the next morning to begin...
Exactly the same experience for me. I met a Dutch couple on bikes, they were heading back to Holland. They told me to have a look behind the church at Ibaneta, (just before Roncesvalles) and they were thinking I would get a laugh and the end of a tiring day crossing the Pyranees. This is them on the right, and this is what I saw.....

Attachments

• 20150515_074247.JPG
    20150515_074247.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
  • 20150516_122958.JPG
    20150516_122958.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 20
A friend recently tapped into my brain re: her wanting to do an upcoming Camino (we did it in 2014) and one of my first recommendations was going to be Istvan and Barbara. I'm sad to hear they're no longer there, but grateful we were able to have them set the tone of our Camino. They were truly lovely.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Is there an accommodation similar to Corazon Puro now available???

Is there an accommodation similar to Corazon Puro now available???
Not that I've heard of.

This is an old thread, and since Corazón Puro is no more, and highly unlikely to return I will close the thread now. If a new place with similar services opens a new thread can be started.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back