• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cordoba to Merida (almost) April 2022

Robi Diaz De Vivar

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2016), Norte (2017), Portuges (2018), Mozarabe (2019), Primitivo (2019), Via de La Plata (2
I am just back home after 6 days on the Camino from Cordoba to Merida. Due to a health problem my Camino Partner and I had to give up in Monterubio de La Serrana. Just for general information all of the municipal albergues and the donativo in Hinojas del Duque were all open and in great condition. All provided bedding and towels and were warm clean and recently renovated. Hostal X in Cerro Muriano was comfortable and the owner was pleasant and incredibly helpful. The stages were long and challenging and the river crossings were complicated by recent very heavy rains. However the countryside was beautiful and the locals were all very supportive and helpful. I would recommend this part of the Camino to anybody but you do need to be pretty fit.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Robi Diaz De Vivar,

I am sorry to read that your camino was truncated.
Nevertheless your terse, specific observations will continue to be most useful for other piligrims walking from Cordoba in the near future. Thank you for this helpful post.

Take care and Carpe diem.

I am just back home after 6 days on the Camino from Cordoba to Merida. Due to a health problem my Camino Partner and I had to give up in Monterubio de La Serrana. Just for general information all of the municipal albergues and the donativo in Hinojas del Duque were all open and in great condition. All provided bedding and towels and were warm clean and recently renovated. Hostal X in Cerro Muriano was comfortable and the owner was pleasant and incredibly helpful. The stages were long and challenging and the river crossings were complicated by recent very heavy rains. However the countryside was beautiful and the locals were all very supportive and helpful. I would recommend this part of the Camino to anybody but you do need to be pretty fit.
Thanks x

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Does anybody know what state the river crossings are now? Leaving cerro muriano tomorrow. Thanks

Does anybody know what state the river crossings are now? Leaving cerro muriano tomorrow. Thanks
Last week (the day after the heavy rain) all of the crossings were passable except the one 10 km short of Alcaracejos. We backtracked and found an alternative path to the main road and had to walk in 9 kms on that.It was the only alternative. We only walked as far as Monterubio.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back