• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Correos now holds parcels for 30 days during 2010

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
As we have discussed before, the Spanish postal system (Correos) did hold on to a pilgrim parcel for 30 days a few years ago. This was then changed to 14 days (the norm in Spain) last year.

Now this holy year, they have increased this to 30 days again. This is true starting in may 2010 until the end of the year. As of 2011, they are back to storing these parcels for only 14 days again.

I saw this at the Correos Xacobeo site, http://xacobeo.correos.es/ . Here you can also see that they offer bike transport directly from the post office. They sell bike boxes for 10 euro at the post office.

All this has been confirmed by the Santiago post office, I stopped by and asked them yesterday.

Buen Camino!
Ivar

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Re: Correos now holds parcels for 30 during 2010

Thanks for sharing this news Ivar.
I had a look at the site and they say:
In this spirit pilgrim, we start Xacobeo package: a package that can send your names to choose the Way offices and will be in them at your disposal so you can withdraw up to 30 days.
I see that they also have links to the Post Offices on the various caminos.

For bikes:
To send your bike to the point of origin, just buy one of the Special packages for bicycles you have at your disposal in the main post offices. Pack your bike safely in your address and phone 902 122 333 of Chronoexprés, Our subsidiary company, for urgent deliveries or send an e-mail recogidas@chronoexpres.com and will go to pick her up at your home.
When you get to Santiago, we will be waiting at the post office just 50 meters from the
Plaza del ObradoiroSo you can return home the same way and enjoy your bike in Santiago
a rest. Also, if you used our service to send your bike to the point of origin,
we will make a special price on your return home packages
There is a list of Post Offices where you can pack your bike.

They also have Free Postcards which you can send for Free (not sure if this is international or only local)

This is great news, Ivar. I will request that it be posted on the American Pilgrims website. I am departing for Spain next week to walk the Vía de la Plata and the postal service will come in very handy along the way.

I am also planning to mail a package to you to hold in Santiago for our arrival. Another great service ~ Thanks!

Martha López
Sacramento, California

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I am sure this has been posted elsewhere, but how does one address a package to be sent to Santiago?

I am having my sister ship it to the Correo because I've already sent two packages to Ivar from Paris and Santo Domingo....long story....

If anyone has a second to tell me how to address it, I would appreciate it! You can post here or PM me. Thanks!

I plan to be in Santiago in 13 days from tomorrow.....God willing!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.