Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Correos

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!
I have used correos a number of times. Great service. However if I were doing a camino in the near future, I would travel as light as possible and forego the sending of a pack with any company due to the possible risk of spreading the virus.

sugargypsy

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2019
In progress: CP 2020 and/or CI
I would travel as light as possible and forego the sending of a pack with any company due to the possible risk of spreading the virus.
I received the E-Mail from Correos too, it seems that transport is quite safe.

Security measures against Covid-19

Correos has increased security measures in its backpack transport service. The luggage is handled by our delivery staff, who have specific training and a protection equipment.

Both the collection and the delivery of the backpacks or suitcases is made without establishing contact with the client or with the accommodation staff.

In addition, and on a daily basis, the transport personnel disinfects the vehicles in which the luggage is transferred.

Sounds safe enough.

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!
The fact that correos disinfects the vehicles daily is great. And yes, there is no contact delivery. However, the bags touch each other in the van. So the virus could be spread from one case to another. From what I have read,the virus could survive on soft surfaces for up to 24 hours.

C clearly

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016), VDLP (2017), Mozarabe (2018), Vasco/Bayona (2019)
forego the sending of a pack with any company due to the possible risk of spreading the virus.
From what I have read,the virus could survive on soft surfaces for up to 24 hours.
I would expect, and it seems that the postal authorities agree, that the risk of the virus spreading by this method would be so small as to be insignificant compared to all of the other risks you are undertaking. (Virus traces may survive but are unlikely to cause infection.)

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
I would expect, and it seems that the postal authorities agree, that the risk of the virus spreading by this method would be so small as to be insignificant compared to all of the other risks you are undertaking. (Virus traces may survive but are unlikely to cause infection.)
I do not think that the post office authorities are experts on the corona virus? And who knows how thorough the daily van disinfecting is? However, I do agree that the risk is small.. but still a possible source of transmission. Of course, each must weigh our circumstances and the need to transport may, indeed, be an absolute necessity. Not trying to discourage using the service. I like Correos. . Just raising awareness, under Covid 19 circumstances that when a bag is in your possession you have better control of what it could be exposed to.

Anamiri

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2016, 2017, 2019 Camino Frances
I have used correos a number of times. Great service. However if I were doing a camino in the near future, I would travel as light as possible and forego the sending of a pack with any company due to the possible risk of spreading the virus.
Thats true, I hadn't thought about that.
I had thought it would help the bedbugs along... from pack to pack. I always sprayed mine, but I have no idea how many other people do.

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
Thats true, I hadn't thought about that.
I had thought it would help the bedbugs along... from pack to pack. I always sprayed mine, but I have no idea how many other people do.
Whenever we use a delivery servce, we wiped the outside of the bag daily in the morning with a deet wipe. We put enough wipes in the bag for our trip. We do the same when we take an airplane, train, or bus.

easygoing

Camino Sharon
Camino(s) past & future
I have walked the Camino Francis 7 times, twice in 2017 and 2018. (2019)
As for myself I find a great part of the fun of the Camino is gathering together the lightest and most versatile gear(everything must be able to be worn or used for at least one other purpose). And the 5 euros a day would add up quickly and buying a new shirt or socks along the way is cheaper and helps local businesses.
But that said we have transported my husband's backpack occasionally when he hurt himself jumping out of the way of a bike. We don't use deet and have yet to see a bedbug on his gear (I transport his gear in a Cuban fiber pack liner so he still has a pack to the carry for essentials). My point is although bedbugs can be found in fine hotels too, the transport services cater to the wealthier pilgrims and they are staying in private hostels so if you need to transport for medical reasons transport is safe from bedbugs. The Covid-19 virus prefers spreading from person to person and so you are unlikely to catch it from a backpack unless you tend to lick your backpack which is an entirely different thread. Ha ha

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock