• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Correos

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have used correos a number of times. Great service. However if I were doing a camino in the near future, I would travel as light as possible and forego the sending of a pack with any company due to the possible risk of spreading the virus.

I would travel as light as possible and forego the sending of a pack with any company due to the possible risk of spreading the virus.
I received the E-Mail from Correos too, it seems that transport is quite safe.

Security measures against Covid-19

Correos has increased security measures in its backpack transport service. The luggage is handled by our delivery staff, who have specific training and a protection equipment.

Both the collection and the delivery of the backpacks or suitcases is made without establishing contact with the client or with the accommodation staff.

In addition, and on a daily basis, the transport personnel disinfects the vehicles in which the luggage is transferred.

Sounds safe enough.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The fact that correos disinfects the vehicles daily is great. And yes, there is no contact delivery. However, the bags touch each other in the van. So the virus could be spread from one case to another. From what I have read,the virus could survive on soft surfaces for up to 24 hours.

forego the sending of a pack with any company due to the possible risk of spreading the virus.
From what I have read,the virus could survive on soft surfaces for up to 24 hours.
I would expect, and it seems that the postal authorities agree, that the risk of the virus spreading by this method would be so small as to be insignificant compared to all of the other risks you are undertaking. (Virus traces may survive but are unlikely to cause infection.)

I would expect, and it seems that the postal authorities agree, that the risk of the virus spreading by this method would be so small as to be insignificant compared to all of the other risks you are undertaking. (Virus traces may survive but are unlikely to cause infection.)
I do not think that the post office authorities are experts on the corona virus? And who knows how thorough the daily van disinfecting is? However, I do agree that the risk is small.. but still a possible source of transmission. Of course, each must weigh our circumstances and the need to transport may, indeed, be an absolute necessity. Not trying to discourage using the service. I like Correos. . Just raising awareness, under Covid 19 circumstances that when a bag is in your possession you have better control of what it could be exposed to.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I have used correos a number of times. Great service. However if I were doing a camino in the near future, I would travel as light as possible and forego the sending of a pack with any company due to the possible risk of spreading the virus.
Thats true, I hadn't thought about that.
I had thought it would help the bedbugs along... from pack to pack. I always sprayed mine, but I have no idea how many other people do.

Thats true, I hadn't thought about that.
I had thought it would help the bedbugs along... from pack to pack. I always sprayed mine, but I have no idea how many other people do.

Whenever we use a delivery servce, we wiped the outside of the bag daily in the morning with a deet wipe. We put enough wipes in the bag for our trip. We do the same when we take an airplane, train, or bus.

As for myself I find a great part of the fun of the Camino is gathering together the lightest and most versatile gear(everything must be able to be worn or used for at least one other purpose). And the 5 euros a day would add up quickly and buying a new shirt or socks along the way is cheaper and helps local businesses.
But that said we have transported my husband's backpack occasionally when he hurt himself jumping out of the way of a bike. We don't use deet and have yet to see a bedbug on his gear (I transport his gear in a Cuban fiber pack liner so he still has a pack to the carry for essentials). My point is although bedbugs can be found in fine hotels too, the transport services cater to the wealthier pilgrims and they are staying in private hostels so if you need to transport for medical reasons transport is safe from bedbugs. The Covid-19 virus prefers spreading from person to person and so you are unlikely to catch it from a backpack unless you tend to lick your backpack which is an entirely different thread. Ha ha

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.