• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cortisone in Burgos

Explore_KB

Time of past OR future Camino
I need to find a clinic in Burgos to get a cortisone shot for plantar fasciitis. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you, Kristen

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Explore_KB,
You might ask your host or the hospitalero where you are staying for help finding a clinic. If you Google the two terms Burgos and hospital many addresses appear. The University Hospital has a 24/7 emergency room.
See this thread for further suggestions.

Good luck and may your camino be pain free.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I need to find a clinic in Burgos to get a cortisone shot for plantar fasciitis. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you, Kristen
Go to the Pilgrims Office just a block away from the Cathedral Square. They speak fluent English there. I had to go to a hospital and they told me which one was best suited for my condition and then they called a taxi to come over and take me directly to that address!

Go to the Pilgrims Office just a block away from the Cathedral Square. They speak fluent English there. I had to go to a hospital and they told me which one was best suited for my condition and then they called a taxi to come over and take me directly to that address!
Thank you Dave. Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I had a similar problem with tendonitis in 2013 on my first Camino. I don't know if it has changed but at that time, the medics in Grañon and Burgos adamantly refused to administer any Cortisone, instead advising me to go home. Thankfully I met a lady Pelegrina on the top of the Alto de Mostelares, who took pity on this badly limping fellow; she turned out to be an MD –I called her Doctor Maria, a real Camino angel–, she had, oh wonder, Cortisone tablets with her and saved me from doom. (She also advised me to walk backward on the steep stretch down from the Alto.)

I truly wish that you will find the care you need so that you can carry on to SdC, like I did at that time. Good luck and a buen Camino.

F885B35A-246B-463F-9A8E-A42883BB6DA5_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
Some corticosteroids are available over the counter in Spain in tablet form - but; clearly they should only be taken on qualified medical advice.

I think the OP may struggle to get an on-demand cortisone injection without a private prescription. IMHO the medical advice for acute PF is likely to be RICE in the first instance - but it would be useful to hear if and how treatment is found.

I suffered from very painful PF in 2019 on the CdMadrid, and I’d have tried pretty much anything I could get my hands on! A combination of weight-loss, calf/Achilles stretches and a massage-ball under the foot finally seem to have resolved mine.

Best wishes to the OP - it can be agonising.

Get some homeopathic Arnica 30 from the pharmacy. No-one should walk without them. I doubt you will get an injection and even if you do, it takes a few days to kick in.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, Physio here. There is a specific type of taping I use called a Low Dye taping. It specifically off loads the plantar fascia. It’s non invasive, evidence based and I use it when I get PF as an adjunct to rolling out before standing up in the morning, passively stretching the foot back whilst holding the toes back too (ankle dorsiflexion and toe extension) to before pain sets in, tibialis posterior exercises and supportive footwear.

If you’re not allergic to rigid tape you should give it a go. Then go and see a physio/pharmacist/GP in town for further advice. See link below: (he does it differently to me but it effectively does the same thing)

Hi, Physio here. There is a specific type of taping I use called a Low Dye taping. It specifically off loads the plantar fascia. It’s non invasive, evidence based and I use it when I get PF as an adjunct to rolling out before standing up in the morning, passively stretching the foot back whilst holding the toes back too (ankle dorsiflexion and toe extension) to before pain sets in, tibialis posterior exercises and supportive footwear.

If you’re not allergic to rigid tape you should give it a go. Then go and see a physio/pharmacist/GP in town for further advice. See link below: (he does it differently to me but it effectively does the same thing)

I’m not certain; but I think you may have offered me this advice when I had PF on the CdeMadrid in 2019. If it was you, thank you. It really helped. If it wasn’t you; then the advice you’re giving is identical.

I’m not certain; but I think you may have offered me this advice when I had PF on the CdeMadrid in 2019. If it was you, thank you. It really helped. If it wasn’t you; then the advice you’re giving is identical.
It may have been me, I can’t remember 😄 glad it worked though!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hola, I was really hoping to walk the Camino again this coming summer but despite all my hopes and planning I am in need of a hip replacement instead, yea! I walked the Frances in 2017 and have...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.