• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Coruna to Ferrol late Sunday night?

FLS

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning to walk Ferrol to Santiago Sept. 2016. NERVOUS!
Hi everyone!

I will arrive in Coruna at 21:50 and would like to set out from Ferrol early the next morning. I would prefer to stay in Ferrol that night, but I see I arrive too late for bus/train options. Any other (prefer inexpensive) ways to get to Ferrol at that hour of night? And on a Sunday, no less.

Thanks for any suggestions.
FLS

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
@FLS Taxi is likely to be your only solution. If you are flying into A Coruna then a taxi direct from the airport will be iro €50-75. The advertised rate is €1.24 per km for a 50km+ trip. Agree the fare before you set off.

I have done a late night flight before. Stayed at hotel moon in coruna which is close to both bus and rail station and caught the first bus, which at the time was about 06:30 ( and full of partygoers on the way home but inoffensive). Arrived Ferrol and headed to port to start the Camino with a full day for Pontedeume (or Neda) if stopping there.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I have done a late night flight before. Stayed at hotel moon in coruna which is close to both bus and rail station and caught the first bus, which at the time was about 06:30 ( and full of partygoers on the way home but inoffensive). Arrived Ferrol and headed to port to start the Camino with a full day for Pontedeume (or Neda) if stopping there.

Thank you Miguel - I am starting to think that's what I will do. And it makes sense after what will be a ridiculously long day of travel just to get to Coruna. But where did you get a sello in Ferrol that early in the morning? I understand the tourist booth doesn't open until 10:00.

Hola - nowadays sellos are as available on the Camino Ingles as on other routes. Shortly after starting you will pass the Parador and many bars - also the church near the start of the route may be open at that time. Step out with confidence!

Buen Camino

John

Hi FLS - I had a similar dilemma as I'm starting my Camino Ingles next Wednesday, but my flight arrives at 8pm local time. I've got a room at the Hostal Palas, which is fairly close to the train and bus station. There is also a 7am train which departs A Coruna to Ferrol, getting in to Ferrol around 8am. Either bus or train are going to be very cheap as far as I can see, certainly compared to the UK.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...
Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back