• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cost of hostels on st jaume route

Danceswithrose

Time of past OR future Camino
(2012) November
Hi we are soon to travel through monserrat, lerida, zaragoza, logrono and burgos. Does anyone know how much hostels cost in each of these places. Also any information on the distances between each of these towns would be very helpful as we are apparently doing a lesser known trail to santiago. Gracias.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I cannot speak for the albergues along that route as, when I did it in 2007 and 2009, I largely stayed in pensions, hostales, casas rurales (country inns), and hotels. They varied from 45€ in Igualada, 18€ in La Panadella, 35€ in Cervera, 33€ first time in Tarrega and 42€ the second time, 15€ in Linyola at a Pension and 56€ in a casa rural. The route divides west of Tarrega, and from there I only have information on the northern route, which may not interest you. There are albergues along the route, in Montserrat, Igualada (15€), Jorba (10€), and Cervera (20€).

Thehttp://www.camisantjaume.com/ Cami de San Jaume people in Barcelona likely have a list in their guide for the Ebro route up to Logrono. Their guide, which is well-laid out, will be worth the price, as it gives you good maps and all of the distances laid out. It is in Spanish and I think also in French, but is really easy to follow.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I started in Montserrat May 20th of this year. The albergue there is free and they are very nice to pilgrims. Make sure you have a guide in a language you can understand because the book store there only sells guides in Catalan. I forgot my guide at home and thought I could buy one at Montserrat. Wrong. I had to make due until Lleida with a Catalan guide. However, I only got lost once because of the language problems. In Lleida I finally found a book store and was able to buy a Castillian guide, which I could read.
Between Montserrat and Logrono I only found 5 or 6 albergues. They were either free or 5 euros at the most. But the other towns had no albergues and I stayed in pensiones and hostales, normally for about 25-30 euros per night. The cost of lodging between Montserrat and Logrono is significantly more than for the rest of the Camino. From Logrono you'll find albergues for 5-8 euros per night.
The route through Catalunya and Aragon isn't as well marked as other, more common routes, so be careful, have a good guide (that you can read) and watch for those yellow arrows. I walked completely alone between Montserrat and Logrono, but this was fine with me; I really enjoyed it. Once you get to Logrono you'll have plenty of company so if you like solitude, enjoy it while you have it.
When you get to Castelnao de Seana you'll find one of the most welcoming and friendly cafes on the entire camino, The Cafe Modern. Make sure you have a couple of hours to have a nice dinner and good conversation. Please tell them DeMar says hi! I think I was there May 25 or 26. I lost track of the days for a while in that region.
Buen cami!

Most read last week in this forum

Hiya, currently on the Camino and I’m in need of some advice on how to split up the days from Huesca until I reach the Camino Aragonés by Santa Cilia. I have a rough plan but the next few days...
Day 1 - To Montserrat we go ...... 4 yrs since the last Camino, older, less brain cells, easily confused usually followed by a touch of frustration and sometimes panic :) . I left Coventry, UK at...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back