• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cost of taxi from Biarritz airport to St Jean

cailinnua

Hi everyone,

Quick question here-Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me on what is the average fare of a taxi from Birritz airport to St Jean? Hoping to get one on Friday so good to have the heads up on what should be paying!! Have heard a few different quotes already so any advice welcome.

Thanks a million,

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi,

I contacted Express Bouriccot last night to confirm Taxi from Biarritz Airport to St Jean. Price is E66 for one person, E33 for two persons etc. Takes one hour.

I intend to book this taxi on Tuesday 24th April. I am arriving in Biarritz early evening on Air France flight from Paris. (last leg of about 30 hours from Christchurch New Zealand).

Is anyone else looking at travel from Biarritz Airport to St Jean this same evening?

Original plan was St Jean - Santiago de Compostela - Finisterre. However, after reading that the hike from Finisterre to Muxia is 'not to be missed', have now squeeked in another day. Also watched 'The Way' and they went all the way to Muxia.

Regards to All

Rob

Great. Thanks a million Rob for quick response. But I have already contacted Express Bourricot and unfortuately they are not available on the 30th March, so if anyone has other info about other taxi fares, it would be greatly appreciated!

Go raibh maith agaibh.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi,

I took a taxi from outside Biarritz airport to St. Jean last October and it cost 80 Euros. I found out that this is the standard fare.

Andrew.

hi Cailinnua,
Bus leaves from airport door to Bayonne rail station,tourist info in arrivals will have timetable.This is a very small airport and even if you are collecting your bags you should clear the airport within 10 mins of arrival time. If you are short of time you can always share a taxi to Bayonne, it takes about 10 mins. train to SJPDP.
Go neiri an bothar leat
justin

Fully agree with Justin. Perhaps you are arriving in Biarritz at a late time? Getting to Bayonne is quite easy, and it really is a beautiful train ride to SJPdP.

Here is a link you might like to see:

http://www.voyages-sncf.com/billet-trai ... i&hid=1C08

It seems the last train departs Bayonne at 21:09 this Friday, 30 March.

I hope this helps to start your Camino stress free.

Keep a smile,
Simeon

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Go raibh maith agat Justin and thanks a million Shimeon.

Yes, I have heard that route is beautiful, I suppose the main reason I am eager to get to SJPP early is that I have reserved a few items from Pierre at his Compostela Direction, who incidentally can't be praised enough for his help to my requests re equipment, and since the shop closes at 7.00pm, getting the last train is not top of my list! If I wait to collect poncho etc Saturday,I will have to wait til at least 10.00am when the shop opens which ceratinly puts me back a few hours for my first day.

I guess will see and what will happen will happen!

Definitely don't want to start journey stressed!

Slán

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back