• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cost of train from Biarritz to SJPdP, compared to shared taxi

JustJack

Time of past OR future Camino
CF: May/June 2023
VDLP: April/May 2024
What's the approximate cost of getting the train from Biarritz Airport to SJPdP? I'm wondering how it compares to taking a taxi with two or three others. I'm also aware of Express Bourricot, which has varying pricing depending on the number of people.

If costs from BIQ are quite similar regardless which method I choose then I'll just do whatever seems most convenient at the time. If however one method of transport is significantly cheaper I'll plan to use that method.

Thanks for your patience answering these basic questions.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
What's the approximate cost of getting the train from Biarritz Airport to SJPdP? I'm wondering how it compares to taking a taxi with two or three others. I'm also aware of Express Bourricot, which has varying pricing depending on the number of people.

If costs from BIQ are quite similar regardless which method I choose then I'll just do whatever seems most convenient at the time. If however one method of transport is significantly cheaper I'll plan to use that method.

can you get there from Biarritz? Via train? I thought you had to depart Bayonne.

can you get there from Biarritz? Via train? I thought you had to depart Bayonne.
Not sure. I might need to get from Biarritz Airport to Bayonne, and then Bayonne to SJPdP. But I thought there was a train I could catch from the airport. Clearly I need to do some more research...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You get a bus from Biarritz airport to Bayonne railway station. Then a train to SJPDP.
Thanks, yes now I recall reading that.

So a modified question from my original - what's the approximate cost of getting a bus/train from BIQ to SJPdP, versus a shared taxi or Express Bourricot?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks, yes now I recall reading that.

So a modified question from my original - what's the approximate cost of getting a bus/train from BIQ to SJPdP, versus a shared taxi or Express Bourricot?
Depends on how many people are booked to travel with Express Bourricot. Here are their current prices. https://www.expressbourricot.com/fr/transport-personnes/ If they fill a minibus then the €19 per person charge is not all that much more than the cost of the bus and rail fares which are about €12 or €13 combined. If there are fewer passengers booked then the Bourricot prices climb steeply.

Depends on how many people are booked to travel with Express Bourricot. Here are their current prices. https://www.expressbourricot.com/fr/transport-personnes/ If they fill a minibus then the €19 per person charge is not all that much more than the cost of the bus and rail fares which are about €12 or €13 combined. If there are fewer passengers booked then the Bourricot prices climb steeply.
Thanks for that. The bus/train combo is cheaper than expected. Any idea what a taxi costs in total?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Stay aware of all options. I was in Bayonne on Thursday planning to take the train but! on Thursday the trains went on strike as well as the airport. I had the Express Bourricot number at hand and immediately booked with them. They had empty seats because of the airport strike. It was an 20 min, E1.40 bus ride to BIQ airport from downtown Bayonne to catch their shuttle.

There‘s a bus from Biarritz airport terminal to SNCF Bayonne railway station. As far as I remember the ticket costs about 1 - 1,50 €.
From Bayonne railway station you either take the train straight to SJPdP, or - in case of construction works on the railway line - you take the alternative bus waiting in front of the railway station building. The ticket from Bayonne to SJPdP for both - train or bus - is at about 10-11€.
A shared taxi from the airport might be faster, but it will cost you usually around 20€, if you share with 4 or 5 people.
In case you are the only guest, the tariff will be at 100€ or more.

Somebody assumed to take the train from Biarritz to SJPdP, which in fact is possible.
Biarritz train station is located in a walking distance south of the airport terminal ( ~ 2km).
You can take the train from there towards Bayonne (just next stop) and after changing the train further on to SJPdP.

The latter alternative is not very common.
Most pilgrims take the bus or taxi arrangement.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Hi
It was about 12 euros I think I did it in September, super easy change at Bayonne. SJ train not that frequent so check times, I slept at the airport in Biarritz and told the 730 am train and started my walk the same day . Book on the Trainline.com or European train sites

Hi
It was about 12 euros I think I did it in September, super easy change at Bayonne. SJ train not that frequent so check times, I slept at the airport in Biarritz and told the 730 am train and started my walk the same day . Book on the Trainline.com or European train sites
Oops typo took not told !

you have to take the bus to Bayonne railwas station (I sugegest 2-3€) and the the rain to SJPDP 10€ +-.
I bookeds the train in advance and got a smal reduction for seniors older 60 year

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
This was so helpful for me! I just landed in Biarritz and have to wait for my luggage (coming on the next flight), so thought I would check if there was a better option than train or taxi - and this is the perfect one! I called them to book, they have 3 including me so far, so it's €32 each. But she said there may be two more - in which case it will be €20 each. Winning! Thank you! 🥰🙏

Not sure. I might need to get from Biarritz Airport to Bayonne, and then Bayonne to SJPdP. But I thought there was a train I could catch from the airport. Clearly I need to do some more research...
Hello.
Bus from Airport to Railway station in Bayonne cost 1euro. Train Bayonne to SJPLP about 10 euros.
Taxi will cost you about 200 euros.
Prices five years ago but haven't changed much.

Hi, may I know how long does it take to go through the immigration/custom and take the checked luggage after getting off the plane?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Where are you flying from and to?
I am planning to fly from London (STN) to BIQ in December. If the flight arrives at BIQ at 5pm, will it be possible to catch up the train setting off at 6:35pm? Or, it is better to wait for the next train at around 6am?

I haven't done it myself, but I would suggest the answer is no.
You have to get from the airport to the train station as well as getting through airport checks. Do you have checked luggage?

I'm not saying you definitely won't make the train. If you take a taxi from the airport you might just make it.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back