• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

costs of hotels bayonne

Nanc

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (Sept 2016)
SDC/ Finesterre/ Muxia (2016)
I am comparing costs, time etc in my trip into SJPdP but having trouble getting rough numbers for hotels people have mentioned

It appears the cost of a taxi from Biarritz to SJPdP is about $160 e

Can anyone give more specific information than one is cheaper than the other for hotels in Bayonne?? Mentioned have been Hotel Monte Carlo, Hotel Cote Basque and Hotel Ibis
I'll be adding that to train costs etc to compare
thanks in advance
nanc

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Chronoplus bus from Biarritz airport to Gare Bayonne is 1 Euro.

SNCF TER train from Gare Bayonne to SJPdP is approx 10 Euro.

The only way to get hotel costs is by online research and contacting hotels of interest directly. The price varies a lot depending on time of year and day of week.

you only need to stay in Bayone if you arrive late into the area.If you indicate more precisely how and when you arrive(flying into Biarritz?) you will get many answers.The cost of transport to SJPDP varies,16 euros if you travel with Express Bouricot and in a full mini bus.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
not sure why I always find the answer after I give up- kinda like my friends who get pregnant AFTER adopting
found prices on booking.com
looks like approx. $80 US for hotel and 10 e for train compared to taxi?

I am flying at Bairritz from CDG at 17:45
time is a bit of factor- so expediting early on might be (changed that from IS- you guys are already affecting me) important
I own my own business and though the rest of the team can do well, this time off is a BIG chunk
and yes, I know, shorter , parts of, different routes are alternatives
but I lived in France 40 years ago and feel a pull to start there, and I have climbed and hiked and the Pyrenees call to me
so I weigh sleep in Bayonne, train to SJPdP and start that day to Orisson?
taxi to SJPdP sleep there so the start is instantaneous?
take an extra day in SJPdP but feel pushed to make up mileage later on trip?
nanc

Le Petit Hotel in Biarritz is very good value and is situated just a few meters from the beach, the bus stop is very close by so you will be able to get to Bayonne station for the train/bus to St Jean. Biarritz and Bayonne are practically joined up at this stage.
Have a great Camino.
Buen Camino.

http://www.petithotel-biarritz.com/en/

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Take Express Bouricot (http://www.expressbourricot.com/en/persons-transport/) from Biarritz or Bayonne to SJPDP and share the ride for lowest price...spend a night in SJPDP...and start very early if you plan to cross the Pyrenees Mountains to Roncesvalles in one day...but have early reservations (booking.com) in Biarritz or Bayonne, SJPDP, and Roncesvalles to get the best availability and prices...and I have enclosed two maps to help you.

Attachments

• LES PORTS DE CIZE.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • Roncevaux.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
if you arive in Biarritz aerport at 1745 you should be able to get the minibus to SJPDP as mentioned above Express Bourricot.There is a flight from the UK gets in about 1730 which I have used and got the mini bus,book in advance.

thank you all as ever
nanc

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back