• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Couchsurfing on the Camino Frances/Couchsurfing en el Camino

baseballmh

Can anyone share good couchsurfing homes, along the Camino Frances? Thank you in advance for your response!

¿Alguien puede compartir las buenas casas de couchsurfing, a lo largo del Camino Francés? Gracias de antemano por su respuesta!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I think there is not a lot of couchsurfing along the camino, simply because there are so many people walking and already a good system for sleeping inexpensively. Most camino hikers only spend one night in each town, whereas couchsurfing encourages people to stay longer with their hosts to actually get to know them and have some cultural exchange.

The most likely spots would be Pamplona, Burgos, Ponferrada and other larger towns/cities, especially if you plan to take a day or two off to get to know the local scene. You can just search the town/city name on the website and see what comes up.

When I know I'm going to stay in one spot for a couple days I'll try to surf, but not every day. Couchsurfing isn't about getting a free place to stay. It's about cultural exchange with your host and spending time getting to know them. Staying just long enough to wash you clothes, have dinner and go to bed isn't really in the spirit of the site.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back