• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Covid-19 restrictions in the albergues

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaron2311

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi,

I'm planning to do the Camino del Norte part from San Sebastian to Santander from 12.09.2021. I would like to know the following details:
1. Do I need to book a place for the albergues along the way in advance or I can just arrive spontaneously?
2. Are there any restrictions within the albergues? For example: restrictions on cooking inside the common area etc.
3. Do you know, in general, if there are private sleeping rooms or dorms?
I'm asking since I haven't been in albergues before and I'm a bit worried because of the covid-19 (although I've already received 3 doses of vaccines against covid-19).
4. In general, What is the level of morbidity now in this area?
I'll appreciate your advise.

thanks,
Yaron

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Best wishes on your upcoming Camino!

For most of your questions, the best place to find information is in the Covid and the Camino section of the forum. For morbidity rates, etc., there are many websites (outside the forum) that track these statistics.

Thanks, I have read some of the threads in the link but still haven't found answers to some of my questions.
Do you know if there is a need to book a place in advance to the albergues? Are there any restrictions within the albergues themselves in regards to covid-19?

thanks,
Yaron

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi,

I'm planning to do the Camino del Norte part from San Sebastian to Santander from 12.09.2021. I would like to know the following details:
1. Do I need to book a place for the albergues along the way in advance or I can just arrive spontaneously?
Yes or no. Up to you, though my understanding this year is that the closer you get to Santiago, the greater competition there is for the beds.
2. Are there any restrictions within the albergues? For example: restrictions on cooking inside the common area etc.
Yes or no. It varies greatly from one place to the next.
3. Do you know, in general, if there are private sleeping rooms or dorms?
Yes, though they are almost always more costly. Though here again, as usual, exceptions abound.

Yes or no. Up to you, though my understanding this year is that the closer you get to Santiago, the greater competition there is for the beds.

Yes or no. It varies greatly from one place to the next.

Yes, though they are almost always more costly. Though here again, as usual, exceptions abound.
I too have read that it is possibly harder now then I previous years to find a bed the closer you get to Santiago. I waked about 5 weeks after Yarin is starting so I know it is different. But after the split with the Primitivo I doubt if I encountered more than a few pilgrims until Sabrado dos Monxes. Then it was surprising crowded the last two days on the CF. Might be interesting to see what this year brings pilgrims on the Norte

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
On the Norte right now (just started tho). More perigrinos than I expected (probably saw 30 yesterday). Of course in Irun or San Sebastián I could find private accommodation, but the next few days it’s different. Most of the stuff on booking.com for private accommodation for the next few days has required me to adjust plans because no more rooms available. I know other posters have said just book a couple of days in advance, well… I like knowing I have a safe place to stay and that strategy has proved difficult. I regret not booking further in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.