• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD covid (actually a question about the VdlP)

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

tony473

Time of past OR future Camino
9/20
Has anyone walked the La Plata route in October and November.?
Does anyone know if the route is open or have any COVID restrictions.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
At this time you can freely move inside Spain, except for a few towns. Only thing is, many businesses might be closed

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Here's RTVE's page with up-to-date information on restrictions and rules in each region and municipality across Spain:

I have not done the VdlP yet but would go in Oct and Nov from a weather standpoint. I have done the CF in Oct of '18 and it was perfect - sun, rain, clouds, warm, cold, people, and everything else. If it is actually safe I will do the VdlP this fall. What's happening in India and places like the Everest base camp indicates I will not go though.

I have not done the VdlP yet but would go in Oct and Nov from a weather standpoint. I have done the CF in Oct of '18 and it was perfect - sun, rain, clouds, warm, cold, people, and everything else. If it is actually safe I will do the VdlP this fall. What's happening in India and places like the Everest base camp indicates I will not go though.
What parts of what's happening in India and the Everest base camp are you referring to?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
What parts of what's happening in India and the Everest base camp are you referring to?
I think the closed environements, shared dorms, close quarters, populous villages and Delta outbreaks are the unwritten text.

oh, back in May I was referring to the resurgence of covid. India was not good and the Everest base camp had lots of infections at the time. As bad as I need to go, my VdlP plans are not looking so great. For me I find that a big part of a Camino is the crowded daily life in Albergues, especially the munis.

Unlike Nepal, where the vaccination level is currently at 15% and the country is fighting a covid wave and is practically closed, for now you can go to Spain and walk Via de la Plata if you wish.

(some unnecessary private thoughts self-removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.