• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Covid certificates to pass from Spain to France to start Camino

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time of past OR future Camino
French
Hi All

I am arriving in Pamplona from the UK on the 27th of April to spend a few days there then traveling by bus/taxi to SJPP.
I just wondered if my covid certificate/codes that I will have for Spain will allow me to enter France or do I have to do something extra?
Many thanks
Viv

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We just took the bus direct from Pamplona to SJPdP today. No COVID pass needed to cross from Spain to France, and there is no masking mandate in France as in Spain either. No one checked our Spanish SpTH QRS codes when we bought our ticket or when we boarded the bus, though we did obtain it before flying into Spain from the US.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Is anything similar to the Spanish SpTH form needed if taking the bus from Portugal into Galicia to start walking? The SpTH is geared only for flights and the site won't allow one to submit it without flight numbers entered. I was hoping that these requirements wold have been dropped or clarified by now, but the situation still has its share of holes. Anyone on the ground over there encountered this sitution and how was it handled? Leaving in a few days for visiting with European family across multiple Mediterranean countries before starting to walk on May 14th.

Arrived Santiago yesterday and had to show both my Spanish Health QR code and my vaccination certificate
Where/how did you get your Spanish Health QR?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Where/how did you get your Spanish Health QR?
Filled out online 48 hours before flight. You can start filling out the form in advance, but you can’t finish filling it out until 48 hours ahead of flight. I also had to show it at checkin in Canada( wasn’t able to successfully upload the code when checking in online for flight)

Hi All

I am arriving in Pamplona from the UK on the 27th of April to spend a few days there then traveling by bus/taxi to SJPP.
I just wondered if my covid certificate/codes that I will have for Spain will allow me to enter France or do I have to do something extra?
Many thanks
Viv
Look to the consulate for info but I am understanding that France has dropped the passport requirements except for high risk facilities such as nursing homes.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The only time you will be asked for the QR code is at the airport on arrival. Travelling by car, train, or on foot between EU countries - no one will be checking. That said - I would still have the QR code and your vaccination and/or COVID test results handy - JUST IN CASE. If you are taking a taxi or bus to SJPDP - no one will be checking and you will only be there for a day - so no need to worry. And no one will be checking when you walk back into Spain.

We just took the bus direct from Pamplona to SJPdP today. No COVID pass needed to cross from Spain to France, and there is no masking mandate in France as in Spain either. No one checked our Spanish SpTH QRS codes when we bought our ticket or when we boarded the bus, though we did obtain it before flying into Spain from the US.
kje, do you mind sharing the bus information from Pamplona to SJPdP? More specifically, how many services per day and at what times? Thank you.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
kje, do you mind sharing the bus information from Pamplona to SJPdP? More specifically, how many services per day and at what times? Thank you.
It is once daily 1:45pm and when I took it, it was 5 Euros. By the way - when you need this type of information - the easiest way to get it is by using the rome2rio website or download the app for when you travel. It gives you most, if not all, your travel options, schedules, fares, and even links to the companies providing the services. I always use Rome2Rio when planning any trip to Europe and am now starting to even use it at home (although at home I usually have my car or fly).

Check the Alsa bus schedule here

Last edited:
The bus was scheduled with Alsa bus lines via their website the night before. They had downloadable tickets. They provide one bus/day for now and it leaves at 12 noon from the Pamplona bus station and arrives in SJPdP at 1345. Our bus only had about a dozen people on it. We paid 21 euros each.

Last edited by a moderator:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
It is once daily 1:45pm and when I took it, it was 5 Euros.
The Alsa site is currently showing once daily leaving Pamplona at 12:00 and arriving SJPP at 1:45 pm. Cost 22 Euros.

The Alsa site is currently showing once daily leaving Pamplona at 12:00 and arriving SJPP at 1:45 pm. Cost 22 Euros.

Ah... maybe I read the wrong column when typing! I paid just 5 Euros last year! Crazy!

It is once daily 1:45pm and when I took it, it was 5 Euros. By the way - when you need this type of information - the easiest way to get it is by using the rome2rio website or download the app for when you travel. It gives you most, if not all, your travel options, schedules, fares, and even links to the companies providing the services. I always use Rome2Rio when planning any trip to Europe and am now starting to even use it at home (although at home I usually have my car or fly).
Thank you so much!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The bus was scheduled with Alsa bus lines via their website the night before. They had downloadable tickets. They provide one bus/day for now and it leaves at 12 noon from the Pamplona bus station and arrives in SJPdP at 1345. Our bus only had about a dozen people on it. We paid 21 euros each.
Thanks again

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back