• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Covid docs… Travelling from U.K. to Spain then France then Spain

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lhollo

Time of past OR future Camino
CF pt2, Belorado to Sarria, May 21 – June 12, 2022
Hello all!

I’ve been trying to work out exactly what’s currently needed/not needed for my trip. To summarise:

• The two of us are fully vaccinated
  • We arrive in Barcelona from U.K. this Weds, 18th August
  • We go to SJPDP via Pamplona, arriving in France 21st August via bus
  • We walk to Spain from SJPDP
  • We fly home from Barcelona 5th Sept

At first, I presumed we’d need the French Covid pass, but the U.K. gov site seems to say they now accept U.K. Covid passes. (We have these as saved digital docs and via the NHS app).

For France, do we need only the Sworn Statement that we have no symptoms? I presume , on that doc, we must put that we leave and return to the U.K., and shouldn’t mention Spain, even though we’ll enter from and return to there. Is this right?

For Spain, I know we need to fill out the forms no more than 48 hours in advance. I presume this is all we’ll need, even though we’ll leave Spain and then re-enter from France. Again, is this correct?

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello all!

I’ve been trying to work out exactly what’s currently needed/not needed for my trip. To summarise:

At first, I presumed we’d need the French Covid pass, but the U.K. gov site seems to say they now accept U.K. Covid passes. (We have these as saved digital docs and via the NHS app).

For France, do we need only the Sworn Statement that we have no symptoms? I presume , on that doc, we must put that we leave and return to the U.K., and shouldn’t mention Spain, even though we’ll enter from and return to there. Is this right?

For Spain, I know we need to fill out the forms no more than 48 hours in advance. I presume this is all we’ll need, even though we’ll leave Spain and then re-enter from France. Again, is this correct?
Hi, I'm also travelling from UK, car to France, train to Hendaye and then walking across....I've read and re-read the minefield of Covid information :) and yes, for France the sworn statement and proof of vaccine, for Spain again just proof of vaccine (other than the information you need before flying into Spain) Buen Camino!

Hello all!

A clear description of your situation and your itinerary, that's already a good start. :)

Fully vaccinated by NHS England and proof of it in the NHS app, that's even better, as France does not require a conversion. The English NHS code is compatible with the French system. :)

Correct, for Spain all you have to do is fill in the SpTH form and get the code for your flight from the UK to Barcelona. You can forget about this code after you have left Barcelona airport.

Correct, you don't need to have anything else with you in the way of documentation when you go by bus from Pamplona to SJPP and when you walk from SJPP to Spain. As to the Statement of Honour required by France, I am not even sure which version you need - their websites are a bit confusing. I'd just fill in one of them, describe my whole iterinerary from beginning to end at the place where it says ville/pays or city/country and put the paper away somewhere in my backpack. No airline staff or border control staff will ever look at it, and neither will the Spanish bus driver in Pamplona, apparently. You are fully vaccinated and you come from an "orange" country (according to the French classification system) and you've not been in higher risk areas during the last 14 days. That's what counts.

Bon voyage and buen camino!

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you so much for these speedy and super-helpful replies!

There are also cheap Ryanair tickets from Madrid to London for 26th of August for just 13 euro for the night flight...

If Spain is moved to the UK red list on the 25th they could be quite useful then. 13 euro is not a lot of money if someone wanted to have this extra ticket just in case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back