A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

COVID Covid - It Isn't Over

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
I was sad to hear the news this morning that the sister of one of my 2021 walking group passed away last night from Covid. She has been fighting for a few weeks and we thought she was out of the woods, but apparently took a turn for the worst. This was not an old woman - but one who appeared to be her early 40's and to my knowledge with no pre-existing conditions.

I won't post her name here, but just wanted to remind folks that this isn't over yet and it still is affecting people and families, both on the Camino and off. We must continue to take it seriously.

Camino(s) past & future
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
Hola Annie - I agree 100%, COVID19 will, imho, in all likelyhood be with us for the rest of this year and in many countries (including the US) for most of, if not all, of 2021. An effective vaccine is what the WORLD will need with National Governments agreeing to cover the cost of an injection for all of their citizens.

(PS where national government cannot afford this payment then WHO will have to cover the cost with the wealthier nations (edited by Moderator - violation of rule 2) kicking in the extra.

I trust that you are well. In my thoughts. Cheers:):cool:🙏👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

Last edited by a moderator:

ShaLaw

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, Sept./Oct. 2015. Future Camino Portuguese in 2022.
I was sad to hear the news this morning that the sister of one of my 2021 walking group passed away last night from Covid. She has been fighting for a few weeks and we thought she was out of the woods, but apparently took a turn for the worst. This was not an old woman - but one who appeared to be her early 40's and to my knowledge with no pre-existing conditions.

I won't post her name here, but just wanted to remind folks that this isn't over yet and it still is affecting people and families, both on the Camino and off. We must continue to take it seriously.
I'm sorry to hear about your friend's sister, Annie. We keep learning things about this rapidly evolving virus on a daily basis, so I hope there is a vaccine soon. I hope people take this very seriously and it makes me so angry when I see rallies taking place with people demanding we reopen the economy because they need a haircut. I understand everyone's concern about the economy, but not at the expense of so many lives.

Stay well. Stay home. Stay safe!

Shades of Narnia

Sandi, Shades of Narnia
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis, 2014
Camino Portuguese 2015
Camino Francis, 2016 & Hospitalera in Viana Spain
(etc)
Agree, we all need to continue to take safety precautions. My wife's 59 year old sister passed away from COVID-19 on May 4th. She was in a 24/7 mental care facility due to dementia and somehow picked up the infection.
My sympathies in your loss.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I put it to you that it will be with us for the rest of everyone's lives. To some extend - it IS a 'flu strand'
I agree with you about it probably being with us for some degree forever, but it is not a flu virus.

Tincatinker

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Lots ;0)

cathn

Camino(s) past & future
Completed one 550 Miile and six partial caminos

So sorry to hear that. RIP

peregrina2000

Staff member
I think I speak for all moderators when I say that I cannot evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the debate over whether covid is a flu, is like a flu, or bears no resemblance to the flu. I don‘t think this is a helpful debate for your average forum member, especially one like @Anniesantiago who posted here to share her sadness at a covid death. I have left up a couple of the posts that link to what seem to be reliable articles that describe similarities and differences, but think that should be the end of this debate.

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
Agree, we all need to continue to take safety precautions. My wife's 59 year old sister passed away from COVID-19 on May 4th. She was in a 24/7 mental care facility due to dementia and somehow picked up the infection.
I'm so sorry.

Camino(s) past & future
Good morning, Annie. I've lost two friends within the last 45 days of Covid-19 (one in Brooklyn; one nearby in Seattle). I'm sad and can empathize with what you are feeling yourself. The disease touches us all. John
I'm so sorry John.

nomadpeah

Have passport, will travel
Camino(s) past & future
CF 2015, CF 2018, Primitivo 2019

So sorry for you loss Annie.

I can relate to what you are feeling. We lost a pilgrim friend last week from COVID. He was only 29...Such a loss for his loved ones and family.

Holding all those grieving close to my heart.
❤🕊

Camino(s) past & future
So sorry for you loss Annie.

I can relate to what you are feeling. We lost a pilgrim friend last week from COVID. He was only 29...Such a loss for his loved ones and family.

Holding all those grieving close to my heart.
❤🕊
I'm so sorry 💓

Pancho

Peregrino Nuevo
Camino(s) past & future
September 2018

Pancho

Peregrino Nuevo
Camino(s) past & future
September 2018
I am very sorry for your loss. I have sadly decided to postpone this years Camino which I would have begun September. Yes, you are right, it’s not over.

cathietherese

Catherine Davis
Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP - Finistere May/June 2012
Le-Puy-en-Velay to Cahors/ June 2019

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 323 25.0%
  • June

Votes: 94 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 369 28.6%
  • October

Votes: 154 11.9%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock