• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Covid lockdown, it is a way of seeing I think

David

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 2005 from Moissac, France.
Hi - during this terrible global plague we here in the UK have been locked down for nearly a year now, with a brief and disastrous loosening in the summer last year ... so many countries are sharing this with us and I know that it can affect some people's mental stability, their sense of freedom and being, their happiness ... but, look, it is frustrating, it is difficult, of course it is, or can be, but a slight alteration of perception, of outlook, may make you feel so much better; enable you to bring your wholesome energy home to where it belongs, in your centre. flowing outwards ....

Consider this tree - this is a tree in lockdown. It is surrounded by a big fence .... but through the fungi beneath it communicates with other trees (for us humans, the internet), and it is full of energy, and bountiful, it is tall and strong, unaffected ... so do not let this lockdown seem like a prison, it is not. You are bountiful, you are life energy, you grow and you flower ... a fence has no effect upon you unless you choose that it does. There are no prison walls except in your mind, don't you think??

and one day, one day, we shall all meet on Camino .....

4113653629_398be931fd_b.jpg

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Beautiful thoughts David - thank you.

I really like the tree analogy. The fence is there for its own protection - from the compaction of soil from people walking over to perhaps sit under the tree and walking on exposed tree roots, from dogs peeing on its trunk. The tree must have been at risk - why else erect the fence? The fence enables water to reach the roots much more easily than if the soil was compacted, giving the tree life and allowing the tree to heal.

We are all at risk in these Covid times - and yes - we need fences erected around us for our own protection so that we may continue to live, just like the tree in your OP. Some fences are much higher than others around the world - my hope is that those fences will - in time - come down and that all will be able to roam freely once again.

Best wishes from Oz -
Jenny

Hi - during this terrible global plague we here in the UK have been locked down for nearly a year now, with a brief and disastrous loosening in the summer last year ... so many countries are sharing this with us and I know that it can affect some people's mental stability, their sense of freedom and being, their happiness ... but, look, it is frustrating, it is difficult, of course it is, or can be, but a slight alteration of perception, of outlook, may make you feel so much better; enable you to bring your wholesome energy home to where it belongs, in your centre. flowing outwards ....

Consider this tree - this is a tree in lockdown. It is surrounded by a big fence .... but through the fungi beneath it communicates with other trees (for us humans, the internet), and it is full of energy, and bountiful, it is tall and strong, unaffected ... so do not let this lockdown seem like a prison, it is not. You are bountiful, you are life energy, you grow and you flower ... a fence has no effect upon you unless you choose that it does. There are no prison walls except in your mind, don't you think??

and one day, one day, we shall all meet on Camino .....

View attachment 93875
Yes, so true! There is a book: The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate," and it is amazing to read about what goes on underneath. Perhaps we too can communicate through pilgrim spirits.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back