• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Covid measures in Portugal

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackiesiemens

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2016 Camino France
Hi everyone 🙂
I’m trying to find out what measures are being put into place in Portugal regarding Covid. I understand that the Camino is opening up again and some albergues/hostels are opening but I am wondering if they are required to make changes like in Spain. Things like, do I need to wear a mask? Do I need to make reservations before arriving? No cash payments? Are there social distancing requirements, like few beds and less pilgrims in the albergue? Is there a Portugues Camino association that would have this information?
Thank you and best regards,
Jackie

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi everyone 🙂
I’m trying to find out what measures are being put into place in Portugal regarding Covid. I understand that the Camino is opening up again and some albergues/hostels are opening but I am wondering if they are required to make changes like in Spain. Things like, do I need to wear a mask? Do I need to make reservations before arriving? No cash payments? Are there social distancing requirements, like few beds and less pilgrims in the albergue? Is there a Portugues Camino association that would have this information?
Jackie
And here: https://www.vialusitana.org/
(Portuguese Association)

Hi everyone 🙂
Jackie
Hello
I can't tell you what is happening in albergues, hostels etc but I live in Portugal (and walked the Caminho Portuguese in 2018) masks havee to be worn in enclosed areas such as shops and supermarkets, health centres etc and disinfectant is usually available at the entrance, which you should use for politeness sake if nothing else. Quite a lot of people in this area are also wearing masks when walking in the street, although not obligatory. These can be disposable or washable (I prefer the latter as there are a lot of discarded ones left around).
Cafes and restaurants have reduced their capacity for the moment and you may find you need to queue a little to get into small shops. Cash payments are accepted in all the shops and supermarkets I have used recently.
Supermarkets have social distancing requirements too.
I understand that there will be a review of when borders will be fully open at the end of this Month (June).
Hooe this helps a little😊

How did Portugal go from “country with so few deaths and low spread” to the second highest rate of infection in Europe? Articles like this one were all over the place in April and early May.

But now it seems like things are on a very different trajectory.

Are there good theories about what happened? The Portuguese government points to increased testing, but I don’t think most public health experts would buy that.

I know this is all unknown territory, but I was surprised to read that things had taken such a radically different turn.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
How did Portugal go from “country with so few deaths and low spread” to the second highest rate of infection in Europe? Articles like this one were all over the place in April and early May.

But now it seems like things are on a very different trajectory.

Are there good theories about what happened? The Portuguese government points to increased testing, but I don’t think most public health experts would buy that.

I know this is all unknown territory, but I was surprised to read that things had taken such a radically different turn.

Lots of illegal ( beach) parties with non existent social distancing. Something that is also happening in other European countries. It infuriates me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.