• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Covid prior to US travel

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenT

Time of past OR future Camino
CF April 2022
CP (October 2022)
On my last two days I had a runny nose. I thought it was just a minor cold from being around a lot of great people.
Prior to my US return I needed to take a Covid test, which came back positive. I ended up staying in Madrid and generally isolating for 7 days before I finally got a negative Covid test.
I wish I’d taken the test prior to my travel to Madrid, it would’ve given me advanced warning. Fortunately I never got sick beyond the runny nose - triple jabs helped, I’m sure.
Pretty certain that I caught it at the main Aulberge in O’Cebreiro. A busy dormitory and one person in particular coughing and not really caring.
Be careful where you can, I know it’s not easy sometimes.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
On my last two days I had a runny nose. I thought it was just a minor cold from being around a lot of great people.
Having just one symptom is pretty common, especially among those vaccinated.

Reactions: Jim
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I am currently in Leon and have been slowing down due to a cold that I've had for a few days. I'm scheduled to return to the US on May 24th. I sure hope it's not covid. Thanks for posting your experience. Congrats on finishing your Camino.

I have seen this happen to many peregrines and tourists. I am very glad you were able to recover and look forward to going home.

I left Spain via Dublin and I saw two American's receive positives and could see the dread in their postures; I can't imagine taking on that financial expense.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Having just one symptom is pretty common, especially among those vaccinated.
Agree with that. Hubby & I had very mild COVID back in January - not on Camino. We had mild cold symptoms - mainly very runny nose. Triple-vaxxed at the time, but close exposure at the office gave it to us.

A number of posts have been deleted. The OP provided a first-hand account of experience on the Camino, of some interest to pilgrims planning to travel soon to Spain.

We do not want to have the debate/discussion of whether various Covid measures are good, needed, right, useless or worse. Threads will continue to be closed when they drift into this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back