• For 2024 Pilgrims: ā‚¬50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

COVID Radar and app for COVID tracing in Spain

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

ā‚¬60,-
It would be nice if you'd comment if you can download it outside Spain
Let me be the first to report ā˜ŗ. I am not in Spain. I could download Radar COVID from Apple's App Store. It runs on my iPhone. At the beginning, you have an option to set the app to English (Ingles). I think you have to do this right at the start, you may not be able to change the language later.

It's quite a simple app, as you said. I got as far as to the section where I would enter my "Diagnosis code" if I had one. It seems to work just fine.

Hola Ivar,
I downloaded the Android version of the app in Australia, and it works. The Android version also allows the user to set the language interface to English. This requires a restart of the app.
Thank you for sharing!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ivar we also have a radar notification which you download on your phone free from the Canadian Government but you must have a Google account that's as much as I know ABOUT THIS, BUT APPARENTLY IT WORKS BETTER IF more people get this app.

I guess this is an app similar to the app Smittestopp in Norway which after a few weeks was closed because of reasons of unlegal surveillance.
In my opinion itĀ“s a bit funny since we are under surveillance nearly every minute every day using our phones, wifi, creditcards and so on.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Ivar,

I was able to download and install the app here in Germany.
No problem at all.
It looks pretty much the same as the german COVID warning app.

I was successful downloading the Radar COVID from Apple's USA App Store. It seems to run fine on my iPhone. No Camino planned :(, but I was just curious about the app.
Ā”Buen Camino!

It is OK, but using it means you are under constant surveillance from authorities. I will not use it, although I am a straight, law-abiding citizen.:)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

ā‚¬149,-
using it means you are under constant surveillance from authorities
Does a statement like the above qualify as ā€žCovid-19 misinformationā€œ?

I canā€™t say that I understand much of the technology behind these official Covid-19 warning apps but from what I hear and read and have been told by someone who does understand it better, the technology is not the same for every government warning app. There are fundamental differences between countries.

The apps developed by Bahrain, Kuweit and Norway are apparently among the worst and the most dangerous and invasive as far as private data collection and storage are concerned while apps developed by Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and apparently also by Spain (according to what Ivar says in the video clip) are totally anonymised.

See: Bahrain, Kuwait and Norway contact tracing apps among most dangerous for privacy with details about a report published by Amnesty's Security Lab.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Portugal has now launched their official Covid-19 app. They are promoting it as a "civic duty" to use it.

The Portuguese app is called Stayaway Covid.

Out of curiosity, I downloaded it from the App Store onto my iPhone. It opened in English. It is similar to Spain's Radar Covid.

According to the introduction, the app works like a radar by sharing randomly generated depersonalised identifiers with nearby mobile phones. These identifiers are stored for 14 days on your mobile phone only. The app does not require access to an individual's location or to personal data.

The app has a link to a more detailed explanation on data processing by the Stayaway Covid system.

There is also an FAQ section.

Last edited:

ā“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back