• For 2024 Pilgrims: ā‚¬50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Covid requirements before flying to UK from Spain

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time of past OR future Camino
FRuture: Camino Sureste (2022)
Dear All,
I am currently walking the Ruta del Mar and have booked a flight to UK.
I am Maltese and plan to Stop in UK before flying to Malta.
I am not sure what documentation I need to have re Covid so I will be able to enter UK. Do I need to make a swab test in Spain? If yes is there any way of having it done in Santiago?
I appreciate any help in this matter.
My flight is booked for the 8th October.
Thank you and buen camino to all those on yhe camino.
Kind regards,
Ray

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Dear All,
I am currently walking the Ruta del Mar and have booked a flight to UK.
I am Maltese and plan to Stop in UK before flying to Malta.
I am not sure what documentation I need to have re Covid so I will be able to enter UK. Do I need to make a swab test in Spain? If yes is there any way of having it done in Santiago?
I appreciate any help in this matter.
My flight is booked for the 8th October.
Thank you and buen camino to all those on yhe camino.
Kind regards,
Ray
If you are flying into the UK from Spain AFTER October 3 AND you are double-vaccinated you doing not need a test before flying. You need to fill in an electronic passenger locator form.

If you are not leaving the UK airport, thatā€™s it.

If you were staying in the UK you would need to pre-book a day2 PCR test.

Check this with another reliable source!

Thank you for your quick answer. I am double vaccinated. So therefore since I will be staying for some time I will prebook a day-2 test and fill the passenger locator form. However I will check with other reliable sources.
Thanks and much appreciated.
Kind regards,
Ray
If you are flying into the UK from Spain AFTER October 3 AND you are double-vaccinated you doing not need a test before flying. You need to fill in an electronic passenger locator form.

If you are not leaving the UK airport, thatā€™s it.

If you were staying in the UK you would need to pre-book a day2 PCR test.

Check this with another reliable source!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you for your quick answer. I am double vaccinated. So therefore since I will be staying for some time I will prebook a day-2 test and fill the passenger locator form. However I will check with other reliable sources.
Thanks and much appreciated.
Kind regards,
Ray
Iā€™m actually flying to Malta tomorrow for a week, and very much looking forward to it. Staying in the centre of Valletta.

You need the day 2 PCR test booking number to complete the UK passenger locator form.

Help! Flying from Spain, yes, a test is required to land in Uk. Less than 48 hours later, flying back to Ireland - any ideas as to what is required? Documents and official pages with this that and the other subtexts make me nervous. Does anybody KNOW? Please forgive the capitals. Thanks in advance if you actually know!

Help! Flying from Spain, yes, a test is required to land in Uk. Less than 48 hours later, flying back to Ireland - any ideas as to what is required? Documents and official pages with this that and the other subtexts make me nervous. Does anybody KNOW? Please forgive the capitals. Thanks in advance if you actually know!
Kirkie

I can help you with part of that.

From the early hours of October 4 you do not need a test to travel from Spain to the UK IF youā€™re double vaccinated. See here on the BBC:

However, youā€™ll need a booking for a Day 2 PCR test in order to complete the Passenger Locator Form if youā€™re exiting the airport.

Anecdotally, and totally unofficially, there appears to be no mechanism to check whether you actually take the test; but without the booking number you cannot complete the PLF.

Given, what I seem to recall is your vocation, I suppose youā€™re not up for the traditional Cumbrian solution of just lying about where youā€™ve been?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Kirkie

I can help you with part of that.

From the early hours of October 4 you do not need a test to travel from Spain to the UK IF youā€™re double vaccinated. See here on the BBC:

However, youā€™ll need a booking for a Day 2 PCR test in order to complete the Passenger Locator Form if youā€™re exiting the airport.

Anecdotally, and totally unofficially, there appears to be no mechanism to check whether you actually take the test; but without the booking number you cannot complete the PLF.

Given, what I seem to recall is your vocation, I suppose youā€™re not up for the traditional Cumbrian solution of just lying about where youā€™ve been?
Part help is great help! One less thing to worry about if no test will be needed to get in to UK. Yes, I am double vaccinated and in rag time will get the booster...
(I did not know that the solution was linked to a particular county in the land south of the border with my native land!)
I have to tell the truth regardless of vocation šŸ˜‡. Anyway, as my mother was wont to say: I'll think about that tomorrow. Thank you, Henry and David, for your ready help!

Iā€™m actually flying to Malta tomorrow for a week, and very much looking forward to it. Staying in the centre of Valletta.

You need the day 2 PCR test booking number to complete the UK passenger locator form.
Oh ..that's nice to know ...I will be back in Malta approx 3rd week of October....by then you have left...we would have met for a coffee in Valletta...I am sure you will like Valletta!!
Yes will have to have the PCR test number...
Thanks and enjoy!

While still not totally sure, it looks from the UK travel updates today that it is necessary/possible to book and pay for a PCR test for the second day in UK, and if I leave before the time of the test, I should be allowed exit. Without telling any lies. Just not taking the test. I should be 40 hours max in UK.
No need now to take a test from Spain to Uk. That at least is a bonus.
Keeping fingers crossed...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

ā‚¬60,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ā“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back