• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Covid Requirements for US Pilgrims

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnaF19

Time of past OR future Camino
Future Camino Del Norte April and May of 2022!
Hi all,
My friend and I will be walking in April. I've downloaded the SPTh app and reviewed the materials, but it is still unclear to me if we need Covid testing (PCR v. antigen) in addition to vaccination. We're both vaxed and boosted. If anyone here has direct and recent knowledge of the requirement, I'd be grateful! Thank you!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi all,
My friend and I will be walking in April. I've downloaded the SPTh app and reviewed the materials, but it is still unclear to me if we need Covid testing (PCR v. antigen) in addition to vaccination. We're both vaxed and boosted. If anyone here has direct and recent knowledge of the requirement, I'd be grateful! Thank you!
If you are fully vaccinated with booster you don't need a test to enter Spain.

However, if you will be traveling to Portugal you do need a Covid test before traveling. Either a PCR or NAAT test 72 hours before first flight, or an Antigen test 24 hours before. The Portuguese government does not accept the US CDC card.

This is a good site to use to see what the requirements are for different countries. It has links to the official government sources too.

However, if you will be traveling to Portugal you do need a Covid test before traveling. Either a PCR or NAAT test 72 hours before first flight, or an Antigen test 24 hours before. The Portuguese government does not accept the US CDC card.

This is a good site to use to see what the requirements are for different countries. It has links to the official government sources too.

Thank you!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
For fully vaccinated and boosted - no COVID test required to enter Spain (bring proof). But to return to the US we still need to be tested last time I checked (hoping they eliminate that soon if they haven't already). Also - good to double check airline COVID requirements just in case any differ.

I just completed is as travelling tomorrow. Here is what email accompanying QR code says:

SpTH​

Hello,

You have completed your Health Control Form (FCS) correctly.

REMEMBER that in order to travel to Spain you must bring the QR you have just received and the vaccination/diagnostic test/recovery certificate indicated or provided when filling in the form. Children under 12 years of age must present the QR, but are not required to present the certificate. A diagnostic test may be carried out upon entry into Spain.

In this email you will find the QR code associated with your trip.

If you wish to change the QR data, you can do so from http://spth.gob.es/modifyqr

You must present this document at the sanitary control of the destination airport. You can print it or show it from your mobile. This document is personal and non-transferable. You are responsible for the information provided, that is included in this document or QR. You are also responsible for its custody. We recommend its destruction / deletion after having shown it at the airport health control.

I completed my Camino in October of last year had a wonderful time and felt safe generally my entire six weeks in Espana. Two of my friends which I met each separately did a second Camino in Portugal to Santiago finishing up last week

One of my friends was a group of 12 … 10 of whom ended up with Covid by the time they got to Santiago

My other friend traveled with just one other person and they both ended up with Covid by the time they got to Santiago

I just wanted to share factual information that is current as of last weekend caution is warranted I do not mean to instill fear in anyone it is important for you to know the reality of these two separate parties finishing Portuguese Caminos a week ago

Be vigilant be safe and Buen Camino. I would recommend having an insurance policy that you understand as well as return flight details depending on your country of origin if you become positive

If this is not the appropriate place for this post please move it to the appropriate to ensure substantiated information I am providing

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Really appreciate this current information! Does anyone have a "favorite" reputable vaccine testing service where you can do your own antigen test with experts watching via Zoom (or Facetime or Skype?) in order to comply with U.S. re-entry? This has to be done 24 hrs. prior to flight back to U.S., correct?

Really appreciate this current information! Does anyone have a "favorite" reputable vaccine testing service where you can do your own antigen test with experts watching via Zoom (or Facetime or Skype?) in order to comply with U.S. re-entry? This has to be done 24 hrs. prior to flight back to U.S., correct?
There's a couple of companies that sell the Binax kit that's proctored and approved for travel:
(@Susan Peacock has posted about her experience with it in this thread. )

Or you can buy a FlowFlex brand test in a local drugstore (my RiteAid has them) and pay separately for the video observation.

It's still flying in, right? Not if you walk or bus or train across into Portugal?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
you can get tested at the airport before departure

Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back