• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

COVID rules on the camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denniswalkcamino

Viviendo el sueno
Time of past OR future Camino
CF,CP,VDLP,CI,CS,CN
What is the latest COVID rule in Spain/France walking the Camino? Eg. Do you need an app to check in at every albergues and restaurants? Do you need to wear face masks in public? Thanks.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
It's basically just masks in public transport and in such medical situations as a pharmacy,and even the latter is not always enforced.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
In Spain masks are only required in health care settings.
You can find information on this site from the Spanish government.

Last edited:
Requirement in France is mask in doctor's surgery and hospital. Requested in pharmacy.

What is the latest COVID rule in Spain/France walking the Camino? Eg. Do you need an app to check in at every albergues and restaurants? Do you need to wear face masks in public? Thanks.
I think one question is what's required, but another one is what's considerate toward other pilgrims and the local communities we'll be walking through. COVID is still out there. Reasonable precautions like masks and a pre-trip booster will help stem the spread of COVID. People with up-to-date boosters (which I think means no more than 4-6 months since last one? have to check) are less likely to infect others, even if they themselves get it. I'm planning on getting yet another shot a couple weeks before leaving for Spain and will be one of the few still wearing a mask on public transport and indoors when there are others around. It's good that they're not requiring special check-in procedures, but the virus is not gone.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am on the camino now, at Moratinos. Nobody is wearing masks. BUT almost all the peregrinos I meet have bad cold/flu bugs. I had a covid booster before I left home, just in case I needed it for emigration / immigration (I did). Sometimes the dorm is full. 12 people coughing all night. I wear my ear plugs (for snorers), eye mask (I always seem to be under the night light), AND my face mask (to reduce the chance of getting their viruses). It's a bit dodgy walking the camino in winter. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Hey there! I wanted to chat about my experience on the 2017 Camino Frances. I'm pretty average physically, maybe a tad overweight, did some training (could've done more), and could've lightened my...
We are leaving to do the whole Camino Frances in a week. I have two corns on my right foot that are becoming very painful - I have had them for years with little issue but over the last month with...
I’ve been trying to decide on a fitness regime in preparation for the Camino, but upon reviewing this board, YouTube, etc, there’s an overwhelming array of suggestions and programs, but I’m less...
I am a CPAP user, and would need to bring my machine as I need it at night during the Camino. I have a regular size Resmed (without the water chamber). My plan is - to pack it in the CPAP...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.