• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Covid test in Santiago

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Fazzio

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria to Santiago October 2018. Planning again
Hello. I have reservations to fly from Santiago to Los Angeles on April 17 which Easter Sunday. Iberia Airlines requires travelers to the U.S. to have a Covid test one day before the flight. Does anyone know if a Covid Test center will be open in Santiago on Holy Saturday?

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
April 17 is Easter Sunday. I would guess if they have flights they should have testing but I don't know for sure. Hopefully someone else will respond.
Thanks. I corrected my question.

I wouldn’t take anyone’s word for it. I would contact labs directly myself and set up an appointment if you find some labs open.

See the list on this thread

Several places have email addresses and will make appointments that way. Calling will also work. In my experience, labs are typically not open on Saturday afternoons, and Spain does take its holidays seriously, so I would really want to be sure about having something arranged ahead of time. Good luck!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Looking at the CDC website you need a Viral Test, if this is still true you can bring a test kit with you and do the test yourself before flying.

Looking at the CDC website you need a Viral Test, if this is still true you can bring a test kit with you and do the test yourself before flying.
It does have to be a test kit with a telehealth component. You have to order these - you can't just buy one at the pharmacy.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back