• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD COVID test to return to USA

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time of past OR future Camino
Fr (17), Prim (19), CF/Norte ‘21, Le Puy/Inv22
I will be arriving in Santiago at the end of October or very beginning of November, and flying out of Bilbao November 4. Is it possible to be tested in Santiago Nov1 and get the result in time to board my flight?
Thank you , in advance, for any help on this matter.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I will be arriving in Santiago at the end of October or very beginning of November, and flying out of Bilbao November 4. Is it possible to be tested in Santiago Nov1 and get the result in time to board my flight?
what time is your flight?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
One of the forum members who lives in Santiago recently posted this list of places to get a test in Santiago so you might take a look here.

Hey,
I made an appointment at this place for our COVID-19 test. Iberia has a discount too if you are flying Iberia. I made the appts for late morning. Our flight for Madrid is at 950 pm this same day.

QUIRÓN PREVENCIÓN
Av. Liberdade, 11 (1A on the map )
15706 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña
Telf. +34 981 534 470
Monday to Friday, from 7:30 to 15:00 h
https://e-quironsalud.es/26-test-covid Tel. +34 91 122 14 52
https://www.quironprevencion.com/es/pruebas-covid-19

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hey,
I made an appointment at this place for our COVID-19 test. Iberia has a discount too if you are flying Iberia. I made the appts for late morning. Our flight for Madrid is at 950 pm this same day.
Thanks for the tip! I was hoping I could get a quick result and not have to spend multiple days waiting in Bilbao!
QUIRÓN PREVENCIÓN
Av. Liberdade, 11 (1A on the map )
15706 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña
Telf. +34 981 534 470
Monday to Friday, from 7:30 to 15:00 h
https://e-quironsalud.es/26-test-covid Tel. +34 91 122 14 52
https://www.quironprevencion.com/es/pruebas-covid-19

You may know all of this already, but just in case. The CDC gives you a three day window, NOT a 72 hour window to schedule your test. So if your flight is on Nov. 4, you can have your test at any time on November 1 or thereafter.

Results from antigen tests come quickly, as soon as 15 minutes after the test. PCR tests take longer and cost more. The US accepts both of them. Not all labs in Santiago do antigen tests, so make sure you know what kind of test you are scheduling.

Labs in Santiago will allow you to make an appointment for a test via email. I remember that the desk in San Martín Pinario told one US pilgrim to go to a pharmacy across from the Corte Inglés because they did testing on Saturday, but it turns out that the tests they did do not meet the US requirements, so make sure to check.

Good luck! Buen camino, Laurie

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
You may know all of this already, but just in case. The CDC gives you a three day window, NOT a 72 hour window to schedule your test. So if your flight is on Nov. 4, you can have your test at any time on November 1 or thereafter.

Results from antigen tests come quickly, as soon as 15 minutes after the test. PCR tests take longer and cost more. The US accepts both of them. Not all labs in Santiago do antigen tests, so make sure you know what kind of test you are scheduling.

Labs in Santiago will allow you to make an appointment for a test via email. I remember that the desk in San Martín Pinario told one US pilgrim to go to a pharmacy across from the Corte Inglés because they did testing on Saturday, but it turns out that the tests they did do not meet the US requirements, so make sure to check.

Good luck! Buen camino, Laurie
Thank you Laurie,
I will try to get an antigen test then…I will problem need help communicating with the labs- my Spanish is rudimentary. I can often ask a question, but have loads of trouble with understanding answers 🥴

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I returned home to the USA in late September. My recommendation is go to the tourist office in Santiago. They have a list of current facilities providing various testing. The one I went to did not require an appointment. It took one hour to go in and out and I had my results within an hour or two by email.

If you are still in the USA and not yet on the Camino, another option is to bring a rapid antigen test with you. Buy your test kit through eMed.com and they will proctor your self-test (smartphone or other device with a camera and good internet connection needed) whenever you log in and quickly give you verified results both by email and via the NAVICA app. We used a screenshot of our email report to return to the USA as it had all of the required details. If you have access to a printer (we did not), you can also print a copy to have in hand at the airport.

I returned home to the USA in late September. My recommendation is go to the tourist office in Santiago. They have a list of current facilities providing various testing. The one I went to did not require an appointment. It took one hour to go in and out and I had my results within an hour or two by email.
That is some awesome news! Thank you

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If you are still in the USA and not yet on the Camino, another option is to bring a rapid antigen test with you. Buy your test kit through eMed.com and they will proctor your self-test (smartphone or other device with a camera and good internet connection needed) whenever you log in and quickly give you verified results both by email and via the NAVICA app. We used a screenshot of our email report to return to the USA as it had all of the required details. If you have access to a printer (we did not), you can also print a copy to have in hand at the airport.
I went to their website but learned that the currently available test kits expire Dec 1. If returning on or after this date, a visit to the tourist office as recommended above sounds perfect.
Bob

The visit to the tourist office would be to locate a place for testing since the expired test kit could not be used. Sorry if my original wording caused confusion.

Just a note that November 1 is a major holiday (All Saints' Day) and many places might be closed. In that case you might want to bring a self-test kit with you just to be safe, or plan to have a test Nov 2 if possible.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Here are three good places to get the rapid test with same day results:

Quironprevención (mentioned above)
Rua Galeras 34 - 38
15705 Santiago de Compostela
Phone: +34 981 57 66 64

Clinica Revimedic
Calle Santo Domingo de la Calzada, 6, 2ºC
15701 Santiago de Compostela
Phone: +34 981 59 52 23
Note: It's possible to make an appointment for a Covid test through their Facebook page. Look for the Clinica Revimedic page.

Suevia Salud
Rúa Magdalena, 11, Bajo 6
15895 O Milladoiro
www.sueviasalud.es

Phone: +881 087 551
info@suevia.gal

Here are three good places to get the rapid test with same day results:

Quironprevención (mentioned above)
Rua Galeras 34 - 38
15705 Santiago de Compostela
Phone: +34 981 57 66 64

Clinica Revimedic
Calle Santo Domingo de la Calzada, 6, 2ºC
15701 Santiago de Compostela
Phone: +34 981 59 52 23
Note: It's possible to make an appointment for a Covid test through their Facebook page. Look for the Clinica Revimedic page.

Suevia Salud
Rúa Magdalena, 11, Bajo 6
15895 O Milladoiro
www.sueviasalud.es

Phone: +881 087 551
info@suevia.gal
Thank you for this very helpful information!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi
Hi,
Im at the CDQ airport as I type this. Theres actually a covid testing center here and no line. You need to make an appt but they could schedule that for you if you decide to walk-in. At minimum, I would register online and check to make sure theres spots available before risking a walk-in though.

It was $30 Euro for an antigens test and I got my results in 20 minutes via email. They will print it out for you if you request it which is helpful because sometimes I have trouble pulling up info on my phone when i need it. I read that the US requires antigen/naat test but many sites dont specify a particular test. I only mention this because Portugal allowed antigen 72 hrs prior but PCR was 48 hrs prior so in some cases, the type of test matters. The antigen results was fastest.

Since you’re flying out on the 4th, you should be ok with a test on the first but make sure your return travel is a single itinerary. If you booked separate connecting flights on your own, you might fall outside the 3-day window for your connecting flight.

I used the eMed service prior to departing from on TAP from Newark to Porto (10/3/21) and it was a straight forward process with very helpful proctors. Hopefully, I’ll have a similar experience on 10/18/21 when returning.

I used the eMed service prior to departing from on TAP from Newark to Porto (10/3/21) and it was a straight forward process with very helpful proctors. Hopefully, I’ll have a similar experience on 10/18/21 when returning.
So the home test with eMed was accepted by Portugal? That's good to know.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.