• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Covid Test

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD

Tony Bobcat

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2017
Hello fellow pilgrims
Planning to complete the Frances Camino mid June then head off to Lisbon from Santiago, would I need to get to get a covid test 24 hours prior to departing to Lisbon. I would like to catch a train rather than fly.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello fellow pilgrims
Planning to complete the Frances Camino mid June then head off to Lisbon from Santiago, would I need to get to get a covid test 24 hours prior to departing to Lisbon. I would like to catch a train rather than fly.
You are talking about June 2022, which is light-years away in Covid times. Nobody has any idea of what the Covid test requirements will be for that time. We have enough trouble keeping up with the weekly changes at the moment! :)

Hello fellow pilgrims
I think that you need to wait about 6 months to get an accurate and up-to-date answer to your question.
We don't know if tests will be required then, or which tests will be accepted. There could be new testing sites opening, and quite a number of other factors which make it impossible to answer with any certainty right now.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am planning a trip in February and March 2022. I applied for the Passe Sanitaire in France about the same time I filled out the Spain Health Control Form. It took about 2 months to get my French Qcode certificate and the Spanish authorities told me to wait until about 2 weeks before my travel dates to apply again. The certificate in France was free, the application for the Form in Spain costs $65USD. I hope I don't have pay them twice.
I have had two Moderna shots and the booster but I am still very leery of travelling there 4 months from now.
The pre-travel testing regime boggles my mind.

the application for the Form in Spain costs $65USD.
I am not sure what you are referring to, as I just spent 45+ days in Spain and there was no government fee for the Spanish Health Control Form. Perhaps you mean a different form? Or you paid a fee to a company to fill out the form for you?

Hello fellow pilgrims
I did an eMed Self-Test last month before flying from Madrid-Lisbon-USA. Results take 15 minutes and a record is emailed out to you within 5 minutes.
If you are not storing or sending ahead any luggage you would have to carry the test during your Camino, but it only weighs a couple of ounces.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello fellow pilgrims
Thanks everyone for your advice, I think I’ll stop booking accommodation until we get closer to going. Thanks once again everyone

Thanks everyone for your advice, I think I’ll stop booking accommodation until we get closer to going. Thanks once again everyone
I agree that it’s way too early to talk about COVID testing in your case. However, I never reserved ahead except to start and end my Caminos but for my 2
Oct 2021 Portuguese Camino, I did reserve mostly through booking,com + directly with albergues/monasteries my entire portuguese Camino starting from Lisbon to santiago. I counted on walking alone as starting in Lisbon is not popular (Lisbon, Tomar, Coimbra make it worth it), at my own pace (shorter distances) and didn’t want to get stranded paying high hotel rates due to reduced accommodation under Covid, it was perfect, stressless, but unnecessary at least until Porto. However, I injured my calf just before Porto and stopped walking (I’m 4 weeks off my leg still in Europe and I’m just starting to walk longer distances now hoping to return to porto and finish before Xmas). MY POINT IS: booking,com /all but 1 owner accepted my request to cancel without penalty and some were even passed the FREE cancellation date. Only Camping Orbitur (a multinational company) near Labruge on the coast charged €17 to cancel out of 16 reservations. Planning is half the fun of any Camino if you’re a planner so plan it, reserve with free cancellation option, you’ll learn a lot along the way and if COVID prevents travel at that time then cancel accommodations. For me planning MY stages on any Camino is dreaming in action. Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello fellow pilgrims
Right now it is 72 hours to fly from Spain. If you are going to Lisbon, I'm not sure, but my husband got his test at the Santiago airport.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.