Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
When you walk the Camino, and suddenly a pandemic appears
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

COVID Covid testing at Madrid airport

Past OR future Camino
Frances: September - October 2016
Porto > Santiago - April 2018
Move to Astorga (2019)
My wife and I just got antigen tests at the airport, T4 2nd floor, We had made appointments arrived over an hour early. Many people who didn’t have appointments were lined up, but they took us in and very efficiently did the antigen tests and as promised, we had results by email in 20 minutes. They offer paper copies if you need them by coming back to the front desk.
Do make an appointment online if possible, but they were working with the walk ups as well. It was a good experience, the people we worked with spoke English too!

TravelCovidtestcenter.com

¡Buen Camino!

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

nathanael

Past OR future Camino
Frances, Norte, Plata,
My wife and I just got antigen tests at the airport, T4 2nd floor, We had made appointments arrived over an hour early. Many people who didn’t have appointments were lined up, but they took us in and very efficiently did the antigen tests and as promised, we had results by email in 20 minutes. They offer paper copies if you need them by coming back to the front desk.
Do make an appointment online if possible, but they were working with the walk ups as well. It was a good experience, the people we worked with spoke English too!

¡Buen Camino!
Is this mandatory when you land in Madrid?

Past OR future Camino
Frances (July 2020)

¡Buen Camino!
Thank you for this info. How much did they charge? Were you doing this for re entry into the US?

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Chef66

Past OR future Camino
Now
No the above I have described is for departing passengers. I guess arrivals requirements will depend on where you have arrived from.

Past OR future Camino
April 2015
I decided to order a test online with a FaceTime assistant. I did this because the appointments at the Madrid airport didn't coincide with my flights from SdC and USA. Delta recommended a test by "ellume." How it works is: you order the test at home (I have it now, it took 2 days to reach me). Yes, I'll have to pack it, but I'm using luggage transport, so I have room. 3 days before departure, I have to take the test. When you order the test, you choose a time that your consultant will be able to Face Time with you. I'll be in Santiago on that day, so I made sure I had a hotel with good internet. The consultant watches you open and perform the test, the call is closed and when you insert the swab into a pod (analyzer), which connects to their app, in 15 minutes it sends the results directly to your phone. This can be shown to the airline upon boarding. The company sent an additional test kit for free, in case something happens or the test in inaccurate.

Tami0864

Past OR future Camino

¡Buen Camino!
Thanks for this helpful information. Will be flying from US to Madrid in 4wks. Buen Camino

Past OR future Camino

¡Buen Camino!
I would add, I am pretty sure that antigen tests are not what is required going back into Canada. I think it has to be a pcr. There is a list of approved tests for travel on the B3D2D2A9-06A3-451D-9E5D-74CF34597D17.png 3C9721A7-2B23-4565-AA70-24EE820C306B.png 7D2BA72B-F33F-4AA5-9305-C740FC22BBCE.png Canadian Government website.

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Dave

Past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 2002; most recent: Norte/Primitivo 2019
Have you found out this information? I head out of Madrid airport to JFK in less than 2 weeks.
25 euros. Did it this morning. In and out in two minutes, albeit with a reservation at 5:30am. Had the results in my email less than ten minutes later. (Negative, fortunately enough.) I'll add that if you can't get a reservation, walk-ins were being waved right in at 5:30... and hey, in Madrid that's right before bed time!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads