• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Covid Tests at Madrid Airport for travelers to US

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

crhutch

Time of past OR future Camino
(2010) March/April SJPP to Santiago and hence to Finisterre
(2016) Hospitalero Grañón 15-31 March
(2016) April Logroño to Santiago
(2017) Hospitalero Zamora 15-31 March
(2017) Hospilatero Emaus, Burgos 1-14 April
The FlyCovid Testing Center in Barajas Airport offer 4 types of tests:
(1) PCR;
(2) Rapid PCR;
(3) Rapid Antigen tests; and
(4) Rapid Antibody test

Are all these test acceptable for returning to the USA? If not which ones are acceptable?

I apologize if this has been asked but I can't seem to find the answer. Thanks!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The FlyCovid Testing Center in Barajas Airport offer 4 types of tests:
(1) PCR;
(2) Rapid PCR;
(3) Rapid Antigen tests; and
(4) Rapid Antibody test

Are all these test acceptable for returning to the USA? If not which ones are acceptable?

I apologize if this has been asked but I can't seem to find the answer. Thanks!
All but the antibody test, because it isn't used for detecting an active infection.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
My husband got the rapid Antigen test at the airport when returning last fall. Be sure to make an appt so you will not have to wait in a long line.
I did not make an appointment for my PCR test at Madrid Airport before flying back to Canada in November. I preferred to wait in line for hours rather than risk being late, having to pay twice and still wait. As it turned out, what with the snow etc., I made the best choice for my situation.

Last edited:
Currently the best option is to get the Rapid antigen test for 30€ at the airport.
The antibody test is not used to determine if you are currently infected with COVID 19. Antibody testing is usually done to see whether you had COVID-19 in the past and now have antibodies against the virus that causes COVID-19.

Last edited:
I don't know what the cost is at pharmacies or the wait time for the test results are but I was told that many farmacias in Santiago offer the test.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back