• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino CP coastal senda

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2019) Camino Portuguese (2022)
Day 14 Padron

Yes it has taken me 14 days to get to Padron!

Too many rest days.

Today I thought I’d get out of town early. Wrong. I left the albergue early but I had to stop for coffee, I ordered breakfast to go that took a while. Only one place open and a lot of pilgrims. Then I headed out only to realize I walked in a circle! There is a bit of a detour because of construction and the arrows were a bit confusing. I followed a few pilgrims who also walked in a circle. We had a good laugh and began started again. This time we followed pilgrims who did not take the detour!

The morning started off a bit chilly and it never really was too hot. I walked with three women today. They met in Porto. One from Korea, one from Germany and one from Italy. I enjoyed walking with them. Along the way I saw the family from Poland and the four women from Spain. We walked together a little. I also saw the women from France for a bit.

We didn’t have any hills today. Spain saved that for tomorrow.

I am staying outside if Padron at Hotel Scala. It is 22 k to Santiago from here… I hope.

I was to stay at a different location but I just did not want to stay in another place without air conditioning. I know… I’m not supposed to have those creature comforts on the Camino… I guess I will have to confess that too…

Anyway I knew the hotel was fully booked but I prayed as I was walking up and sure enough they had a room. However there was a catch.

The woman at the reception said “it’s on the 5th floor”
I asked what’s wrong with the 5th floor? She said “that’s the kids floor, there will be a lot of kids.

I said no worries I have my sleeping headphones. Well fast forward a few hours. There are a lot of kids! I saw them drive up as I was having a beer and Padron peppers.

When I went up to my room a few young ladies were in the elevator. They told me there are 80 kids. She informed me they would keep me up all night!

The party is in the room next to mine. 😂😂😂😂😂

The music is very loud and their coaches keep telling them to turn it down! At least they have good taste in music.

I had to go down stairs to get the Wi-Fi password and a bus had just dropped off a group of older people on a tour. The lobby as chaos. Only two elevators. And I’m not joking when I say 100 people trying to shove into the lobby with all their huge suitcases. I followed the kids lead and took the stairs. 5 flights!

I’ll be out of here before their tour leaves…. I hope.

Tomorrow is Santiago. My last Camino I finished on the 27th so I will finish this one on the 27th too. I will be off early. It is going to be 89 tomorrow.

Buen Camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Good luck! And Buen Camino. We remember walking past that hotel on our last day. The car park was very busy and there appeared to be a load of bikers meeting up. Fortunately we didn't need Aircon on May 1st. I don't envy you the heat

Most read last week in this forum

Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
I’m seeing a lot of discussion on FB about the route out of Vigo. People are recommending taking a new bike path that starts at the Ascensor Halo and ends at Chapela because the official route is...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...
Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back