• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino CP Coastal

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2019) Camino Portuguese (2022)
Day 13

Pontevedra to Cales de Reis
Another wonderful day on the Camino.

I left early today in the hopes I would arrive earlier than normal. Many of the the early walkers took the left turn to walk the variant. Some of the people I met along the way stayed on. After walking a few days seeing the same people at the same bars you develop a kinship. My last Camino I did not meet as many people.

The people I met in Porto sent me texts during the day…. 5 miles to Santiago 2 miles to Santiago, the last few steps, then a picture in front of the cathedral.

The walk to Calas de Reis was flat. It was a good mix of cool breeze and warm sunshine and did I say flat? Though we walked along the train path the forests were beautiful. We walked by local farms with grape vines everywhere too: some even provided shade for the Camino.

I met and walked with two women from France today.

When I arrived at Albergue Agarimo I was pleasantly surprised. What a lovely place. I felt like I was at my grandmothers mansion: that is .. If my grandmother had a mansion. The room was so lovely I didn’t want to touch anything.

The room had a balcony and the woman who owns the house left a drying rack and clothespins!

I washed my clothes and put them on the rack: they were dry in an hour!

Lights out at 10 in the house which was fine by me I wanted to head out early to miss the heat.

At 3:30 am a few pilgrims decided on an early start too. I wasn’t planning on getting up that early. 😂

Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi We are on the Camino and wanted to warn our fellow travellers to stay away from O MUINO camping/ bungalow Park. They have signs on the road from Mougas saying pilgrim breakfast available...
I seem to recall reading somewhere that some of the Hotels or Pensions may have pilgrim rates that are lower than what you see on booking.com? If this is true how common is this and do you...
Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hello fellow Pilgrims☺️ I am planning to do the my first Caminho ( Portugese coastal route) in September. I have been reading in various posts that you can ask for a pilgrim’s discount for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.