• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Creative Ways to Share My Travels with Loved Ones

SandyJean

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2023 (First Camino)
There are a number of people that I know that are excited about my Camino Portuguese trip and I'd like to include/involve them in some way. Maybe something I could send back as "You were here with me" pictures. I've had several thoughts including getting a small rock from each of them to place along the trail or in a certain spot on the trail. Oops, too heavy and, besides, rocks would take up precious space in my backpack as well . Maybe something light such as a feather... How would I carry or combine them? Maybe I could ask these people to send me a bead or something of their choosing that I could string and wear as a Friendship bracelet or necklace depending on how many I have. I feel the idea has merit and am hoping someone can give a suggestion that would be JUST right!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I enjoy utilitarian gifts - your thoughts of a bead are very sweet. For my past Caminos, I have asked my sisters for gallon & sandwich plastic bags which I use (& think of them when I use them!) Another friend gave me a big garbage bag which I used as an emergency poncho last year. These things are light & usable & remind me that people care!

I had asked friends to write me a "Morning Meditation/ Reflection/ Blessing"
I had sent them the request with a SASE, and asked them return them to me.
Each morning on the Camino I opened one envelope.
I had promised to remember each person on "their day," and I posted their reflection on my FaceBook page.
Amazing.
Some poetry. Some book quotes. Some with only one word. Some Scripture. Some copied cartoons.
Very sweet and very personal.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Before setting off from Lisbon a number of years ago my grand daughter gave me her Panda Bear to provide me protection. Each day I'd send her a 2 minute video of the adventures Panda Bear had on the trail. '' Panda orders menu del dia'', ''Panda tries vino-tinto'', and ''Panda goes missing in an Albergue''. are just a few titles I recall.

We still share these stories to this day.

(and NO before you ask, I will not share them with you :)

So weird I almost didn't write it. How about a buck for a drink from an old friend to make a new friend. Use the dollar from home to buy a fellow walker a coffee or drink along the way and then send a photo of the two of you just to the donor. Maybe once home collect them to share with everyone, donors or not.

So weird I almost didn't write it. How about a buck for a drink from an old friend to make a new friend. Use the dollar from home to buy a fellow walker a coffee or drink along the way and then send a photo of the two of you just to the donor. Maybe once home collect them to share with everyone, donors or not.
I like the idea, but obviously an actual dollar can't be used to buy a coffee in Spain.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I enjoy utilitarian gifts - your thoughts of a bead are very sweet. For my past Caminos, I have asked my sisters for gallon & sandwich plastic bags which I use (& think of them when I use them!) Another friend gave me a big garbage bag which I used as an emergency poncho last year. These things are light & usable & remind me that people care!
'Thanks, Adelina, Intriguing to start thinking of more utilitarian gifts. I like the idea of zip lock bags that I can pack before the trip.

I had asked friends to write me a "Morning Meditation/ Reflection/ Blessing"
I had sent them the request with a SASE, and asked them return them to me.
Each morning on the Camino I opened one envelope.
I had promised to remember each person on "their day," and I posted their reflection on my FaceBook page.
Amazing.
Some poetry. Some book quotes. Some with only one word. Some Scripture. Some copied cartoons.
Very sweet and very personal.
Totally different idea and I love it!

Before setting off from Lisbon a number of years ago my grand daughter gave me her Panda Bear to provide me protection. Each day I'd send her a 2 minute video of the adventures Panda Bear had on the trail. '' Panda orders menu del dia'', ''Panda tries vino-tinto'', and ''Panda goes missing in an Albergue''. are just a few titles I recall.

We still share these stories to this day.

(and NO before you ask, I will not share them with you :)
I smiled when I read this because my granddaughter may be walking with me!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Very interesting idea. Buying a fellow traveler something along the way is a lovely idea. Even better is sending a picture of the moment to someone at home who made it possible with their $$.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.